I have some very sad news

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Very sadly on Tuesday morning my darling beautiful cat Pippa died. She was only 9 years old. She had gone outside after her breakfast about 8:25am I went upstairs with my coffee as usual. Made a quick call and probably a few mins later opened my curtain to open the window and saw her lying next to the footpath. My brain realised she would never lay there. I downstairs and outside and when I reached her knew straight away she was gone. She had been hit by a car. A neighbour passing walking his very sweet dogs was lovely and stayed with me and then went to get my mum from the house.

We brought her inside gently covered in a towel and lay her in her bed. We were all totally heartbroken and in shock. Our vets were lovely when I rang and a little while later we brought Pippa down to them. They were very sensitive and kind especially amid all the covid protocols.

I decided to opt for getting her ashes back and they will organise this and they will be placed in a little box with her name on it.

The girl who had knocked her down did call to our house maybe 20mins after I found her. She was pretty young and very upset and sorry, I presume she got a fright and panicked. It gave me a bit of closure to know what had happened and that she was sorry.

Pippa was such an amazing cat, my fluffy baby and best friend. A real little character who captured all our hearts and was a huge part of our lives. We miss her so much, there have been a lot of tears. I was so lucky to have her choose me.

All my friends at the yard have been so understanding and its helped, animal people get how I feel. Penny has been a welcome distraction to keep me busy and she is happy to be hugged and snuggled.

All I want is my sweet little fluffy angel back, but I know that can't be which is so hard.FB_IMG_1592905305039.jpg20200423_143115.jpg20200427_233418.jpg20200406_153402.jpg

So sorry I lost my girl this way too and it's truly awful, thinking of you xx

I am so sorry Gattino. I lost the cat of my heart to a driver too, and it is such a shock and so awful. Poor little Pippa, and poor you.

such a beautiful girl, we lost our Lucy to a rta who did not stop and left her lying in the middle of the road with a broken spine, still alive. Thankfully another car stopped and took her to the vet and we were called as the vet recognised her. It's just horrible. Lucy was only 3 and a free spirit. It's heartbreaking for you, such a lovely cat.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers
Thank you, and my heart goes out to all of you who have lost pets too xx

I think I must have seen her very soon after it happened, and she was already gone, I am trying not too dwell on what exactly happened but I think the driver was probably going a bit on the quick side for our road and to be able to stop in time if a child or pet ran into the road. Pippa was probably starting her morning gallivant, just at the wrong moment poor love.

newrider.com