I have turned into one of 'those' people

Thanks for the suggestions @Jessey, @GaryB and @newforest. That last one looks very detailed! Mine is proving quite accurate for the '5 minute' interval cloud tracking, which only goes up to 45 minutes ahead I think. I can set it for longer intervals which goes further into the future but isn't as accurate. The 5 minute one is quite handy if you want to know whether the rain is going to stop/start in the next half hour though. I'll download the others if they're available for android and free and do a bit of a compare.

Reactions: GaryB and Jessey
@Bodshi I use Rain Alerts and Rain Alarm both of these are radar pictures. Rain Alerts shows last few hours and predicted next three hours.
I use UK Weather for an houly/ five day or longer forecast. I dont use the radar bit they have just the houly/five day bit. Its reasonable accurate and they do updated it regularly.

Reactions: Bodshi
Thanks for the suggestions @Jessey, @GaryB and @newforest. That last one looks very detailed! Mine is proving quite accurate for the '5 minute' interval cloud tracking, which only goes up to 45 minutes ahead I think. I can set it for longer intervals which goes further into the future but isn't as accurate. The 5 minute one is quite handy if you want to know whether the rain is going to stop/start in the next half hour though. I'll download the others if they're available for android and free and do a bit of a compare.
Mine are free and the last one is Android or a website.

Interestingly first huge difference between the apps.
One says 26mph the other 46mph.

Regardless my common sense will decide whether or not it's wise to bring her in or not.

I will go out to her and see how battered I get to work out which app is right!

I need to stay in touch with some brain cells and not replace my human computer with a hybrid human computer. ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
Interestingly first huge difference between the apps.
One says 26mph the other 46mph.

Regardless my common sense will decide whether or not it's wise to bring her in or not.

I will go out to her and see how battered I get to work out which app is right!

I need to stay in touch with some brain cells and not replace my human computer with a hybrid human computer. ;)

Lol talking of hybrid human computers - Mr T has gotten himself a fancy watch that speaks and does lots of useful things. But it makes me jump :eek: It piped up the other evening - I said rude things to it ...................:p

Lol talking of hybrid human computers - Mr T has gotten himself a fancy watch that speaks and does lots of useful things. But it makes me jump :eek: It piped up the other evening - I said rude things to it ...................:p
I think I can talk to my phone now but I don't.
When I was a kid I thought it would be great to be able to have a conversation with the computer and touch the screen and things worked- now is reality I don't like it so much!

I think the fingerprint access to the phone is great, but what if my finger fell off. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
I think I can talk to my phone now but I don't.
When I was a kid I thought it would be great to be able to have a conversation with the computer and touch the screen and things worked- now is reality I don't like it so much!

I think the fingerprint access to the phone is great, but what if my finger fell off. :D

I know just what you mean about the computer - and touching the screen etc. It really is weird how it's developed. We will become more computer than man in the end. Or will the computer become more man than computer. Depends on how we look at it I suppose.:oops:

newrider.com