I hope she likes water

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Its never happened before like this so we have had rain on already wet land and overstretched drainage.
I was standing by her stable.
uploadfromtaptalk1388606048286.jpg

Hell thats alotta water :frown:

Yeh the rain just keeps coming and the rivers are all over flowing here so be floods soon if doesnt stop :cry:

Wo!! My God thats unreal. you poor thing. The rain heres terrible too and all the rivers have burst their banks :cry: Roll on summer (a nice one ) :wink:

it's like this here, we have a river running through the bottom of our field and the yard has a lot of water on it as it can't run away fast enough.

it's supposed to be torrential here tomorrow all day.

we hacked out yesterday and a lot of the fields were under water, and the river was really high, we had to wade through water in a few places.

We have Sun and dry - some rain forecast but nothing like what is coming for South & West of Britain - Batten down the hatches and take care...........

we have had hailstones now, and the field is running with water, and the yard is covered with water, just brought everyone in.

The land I have grazing rights for is under water, been on the news. I recall going down there a few years back to help rescue horses stranded on an island.

We have had a dry day, with some rain forecast around midnight... I hope its not another wash out, not minding the wind too much as it helps dry...

I am lucky, the standing water I had last night has gone.

Been crap here NF but fortunately we are on higher ground. The fields are very soggy and the wind has been more than dreadful.

Still not to bad as some have had it.

If any one gets really stuck, pm me. The winter is long, we have a pretty good net work round here and would be happy to help anyone in dire straights if we can.

Its this type of situation that being on a yard is a blessing. I have people who would check her for me if I couldn't get there. The YO is on site and if I ever need anything all I have to do is ask.

newrider.com