I like the rambo fly rug, but the amigo bug rug is cheaper - but which is best??

Shiny Boy

Jan 17, 2009
Westcountry
FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though....the rambo fly buster is £112 on most sites I have found it, but the Amigo bug rug looks incredibly similar and I have found it for £42... Does anyone know the difference?

As usual with two horses the cash flow is not good, but I dont want to buy the amigo and then found out its so inferior its a waste of money....!!

I brought the amigo the year before last, it fits my mare well, covers all the bit that needed covering and doesn't make her hot or anything. I like it, it now has a couple of holes in it where she has caught it on the fence but its going to be repaired and will do another season I think.
The only Rambo one I have seen in use, was the brown one???? and the material seemed quite stiff and inflexible, my friend liked it though.

I'm going to stick a fly in the ointment here:). I have a Rambo fly rug. Its a few years old now and its fantastic. Doesnt rub, doesnt over heat him (if anything it seems to help keep him cool). I love it. I've had it for 4 years now and wouldnt swap it for the world. It was worth every penny.

Its not the new style though with the impregnated fly repellant. In a way, I wish it would rip so I could justify going and buying one of them:eek:

newrider.com