I love my parrot!!

scoobylover

Aug 22, 2007
Somerset
For several weeks we have been trying to teach our african Grey, Bill, to say ooh, What's Occurin' (For all you Gavin and Stacey fans), and just this minute I have heard him say it!!:)

They are just tooo clever!!

We've just been given this fantastic Grey who is actually quite quiet but she keeps coming out with odd phrases and words from her previous house and we keep ending up in stitches! she likes to say OWWWW! so i think she bit alot in her old house!

she answers the phone before we can then says bye and a tone so they think we've hung up on them! Well done with yours, you'll be sick of it soon!

Bill was 'second hand' when we got him 18months ago, and could already say several phrases, his favourite is "shut up", and "get out". He burps, farts (not me:)) and whistles the macdonalds ad, Pop goes the weasel and ** ** ** ** ** daa - Puppy power!! He always says Hello when I open the door in the morning and says "goodnight or goodbye when we close it!
Our other Parrot, oscar, who is a timneh grey, has never uttered a word in nearly 14 years:confused:

We've just been given this fantastic Grey who is actually quite quiet but she keeps coming out with odd phrases and words from her previous house and we keep ending up in stitches! she likes to say OWWWW! so i think she bit alot in her old house!

she answers the phone before we can then says bye and a tone so they think we've hung up on them! Well done with yours, you'll be sick of it soon!

My grey did that, too :eek: She's not called Echo is she? :p

I had to give my grey to my ex husband as part of our divorce settlement :( She was fantastic and spent a lot of her time whistling, chattering away to herself, or "ringing" and saying "hello? Bye bye!" and shouting "oww" at everyone who passed. She got that from the family who had her before us - and she did have a tendancy of being all sly and sweet and having a good nip at your fingers :rolleyes: Wee madam. She also shouted for the daughter of the lady I bought her from, even years after we got her. She certainly kept us entertained!
I miss her loads :(

There used to be a country park near where i stayed that had a tropical indoor garden thingy and they had an african grey in there and he was amazing - he used to copy my laugh and if you said hello he'd say hi back - he also like to shout "banannas"! Aparrently there was a band playing in there one day and he was singing the songs by the end of the day haha! Fantastic!

birds are so funny we had a budgie where i go to vet tech school but he had to go because he said naughty things one of the teachers adopted him

newrider.com