i love riding...butt

micky17

Jan 7, 2007
i love riding
but i get scared when i have to ride some horses but then on other horses i dont

do you eva felll the same???
have you got any tips???

I know many people like this, i for one are more weary when i get on some horses than others. (this is when i used to ride, not anymore) I just think it takes time to get used to a wide range of horses and eventually you will feel comfortable riding other horse but it wont just happen over night.

I agree with chapman2006.
It's normal, lots of us get a little nervous before our lessons. Some horses you'll like, others you wont, Some you'll dread having to ride - but in the end you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Don't worry about it, alot of us feel the way you do. :)

I agree, I think we all feel the same, I am always a bit nervous whenever i get on a new horse, as you dont know how they will react, every horse is different, for example you might get used to riding 'mr plod' in the school then one day they might put you on a different horse, you do your usual, give him a big kick to get him to walk and the next thing you are canterring around the school with you thinking 'huh I only wanted to walk!! '
I've learnt from that one, lightly squeeze first, then bigger squeeze, then tap, then kick!! '
Its good to ride different horses, and we all i think have our 'preferences' and our comfort zones. I personally like to ride TB's as i like their slenderness whereas other ppl like chunky cobs as they feel safer.

newrider.com