I need serious cheering up...

Tasel

Owned by a Warmblood...
Oct 31, 2007
Moving aboout...
Has any of you had a horse that went lame/was limping on one hind leg and the outcome was actually not too bad (i.e. the horse actually recovered)??? Mine has been doing this for a week now. Trainer thought it was her back, so got chiropractor out, but she is still limping during trot to walk transitions. We got vet to come out, but it just so happens he was off sick today, so the next appointment we managed to get was Monday! I am making myself sick worrying about her!!!

Please, please... help cheer me up!

Thanks for the hugs... I do need serious cheering up. Have had quite a lot to go through with my horse ever since I got her... never thought horse ownership would be like this. How come riding school horses never seem to have anything?!?!?

If you ever need to someone to talk to feel free to drop me a PM :) I know how you feel, sometimes I feel I love my boy too much and when I cant do something to help him it makes me really upset. :( But Im sure your girly appreciates having a lovely mum who is listening and trying to do the very best :)

How come riding school horses never seem to have anything?!?!?

Ah, trust me, they do.

Sorry to hear your so down and stressed, really do try not to worry - just wait to hear what the vet says. Hope all is well soon,

A few years ago Skye pulled up very lame in her hind leg. I was crying and was sure she had broken her leg. 2 hours later she put it back on the ground (5 minutes before the vet arrived, of course) and that was it.

We never found out what she had done to it, silly old pony.

A lot of lameness is from the foot, which often isn't too serious. Has your farrier been recently?

I would be looking at a different vet, if there isn't cover for sickness its not good. What if it did need treatement immediately.

I would be careful about working or turnout though, it could possibly be something which needs rest or is made worse with work.

Big hugs and I'm sure it is nothing serious, there is always something with horses.

Not limping on a hind leg but my mare went lame back in October last year. Couldn't really pin point where the lameness was coming from. Took 4 vets, an x-ray machine and 4 months to diagnose her with coffin bone collateral ligament disease in her right front hoof and she's only been back in work 5 weeks now, but she's sound, happy and going well :D

There's always hope! I was told she'd never be as good as she was but I'm being optimistic based on how much she's enjoying her return to work.

ahh i no exactly hjwo you feel.

ive had my mare 11 months now. and there always seems to be something wrong with her, didnt imagine it to be like this atal .

just keep ya chin up, and think of the times when your horse is sound and you can go do what you got her for!!

I would be looking at a different vet, if there isn't cover for sickness its not good. What if it did need treatement immediately.

I was thinking the same... but this vet practice is actually one of the largest equine clinics in the UK!!!!

I even contacted another larger equine vet practice on Thursday, and the earliest they could do was Tuesday the following week!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Something to do with people being on holidays, etc. (because it's summer!)

And I did tell them my horse was limping/went lame on one leg!!!!

To be honest the vets for my dogs are MUCH better in terms of timing... they also have an equine practice, but I was told the other clinics would be better as they are bigger!?!? :confused:

Mind you... the earliest appointment I could get with my GP was in 3 weeks time!!! :(

Anyway, please keep cheering me up... give me more stories of hope please!!!!

Last edited:
newrider.com