I need some ideas !.............

Emerald_city

horse insane!
Jan 6, 2006
Brinkworth, wiltshire

I now have all new horses and i have wanted to try some showing ! Now i need help on what classes my horses can go in i obiously know quite a few but hust in case i left some out any ideas please !

Horses to be shown :

Promise : 16.3hh Black Tb mare 12yrs

Jesse : 16.1hh Bay Tb Mare 8yrs

Puzzle : 14.3hh tri coloured welsh cob X spanish Stallion 15yrs

Jorji : (to make 16-16.1hh) Pintoloosa Tb X appy nearly 2yrs

Bess : 15hh black shire X fell mare 9 yrs

poss shamrock if we buy him hes a 15.3hh tb x id

THESE are not to inclue any SJ , XC or dressage although WH poss

As i say i know most of the classes i can do but ideas always help!

Last edited:
Again it's hard to tell without pictures, but I've done a few guesses :)

Promise : 16.3hh Black Tb mare 12yrs
RH classes, maybe hunter if she's got enough bone

Jesse : 16.1hh Bay Tb Mare 8yrs
RH classes, again maybe hunter with enough bone

Puzzle : 14.3hh tri coloured welsh cob X spanish Stallion 15yrs
Coloured classes, veterans at some shows, T&T if you can be bothered, cob classes (as long as you follow the rules re turnout) if he's cobby enough.

Youngstock, best condition, fun classes

Cobbify her?? (hog and trim if she isn't already)

Shamrock : 15.3hh piebald id X tb gelding 4yrs
Hunter classes. T&T to get him used to the atmosphere

I hope you aren't showing them all at once :eek:

Then there's equitation, T&T, rch/pony, best six legs, local horse and rider, part breds, inhand such as senior handler, best condition. I can't be specific without seeing schedules for the shows in question.

Thanks :D erm .. well i do have to show ost of them lol but im used to it. I dont think promise has enough bone for RH shes very very fine , Jesse might though shes stronger boned.

Thanks for your advise i have looked through my booklets for my shows and i think i have more ideas than i started with lol

I have some pics available now :) i could only scan in a few though lol so they arnt really great ones.

Bess :
bessieboo.jpg

Jorji :
george.jpg

Puzzle :
pic4.jpg

Jesse and promise :
jesseandpromise.jpg

Shamrock :
Shamrock.jpg

as i said im sorry about the bad pics but they are the only ones i could dig out of the album lol

bessieboo.jpg

Hog and trim her and stick her in some cob classes. If you're doing local than just the cob classes, if you're doing county then she might be a medium weight. She can't do M&M classes, and with a full mane and tail she isn't turned out correctly for her type, so you'd be restricted to the non-type classes if you would prefer not to cobbify her such equitation, best condition, rch etc.

george.jpg

I'd go for the coloured inhand and youngstock classes just to get him the experience. Obviously he isn't the only coloured, but he can't do the riddens.

Puzzle :14.3hh tri coloured welsh cob X spanish Stallion 15yrs
pic4.jpg

He looks more like a hunter than a cob to me, so if you can get him down to 14.2 then show hunter pony, or int show hunter if you go county. Also do some coloured classes with him. Is he entire? I wasn't sure from the wording. If he is entire very few local shows will have him, so you'd have to go county.

Jesse: 16.1hh Bay Tb Mare 8yrs
Promise: 16.3hh Black Tb mare 12yrs
jesseandpromise.jpg

What is Promise's movement like? She might make a large hack. I would say Jesse is a riding horse, although like you said they aren't the best photos to tell from.

Shamrock: 15.3hh piebald id X tb gelding 4yrs
Shamrock.jpg

Get him down to 15.2 and do the small hunters and coloured classes.

The problem you'll have is that a lot of your horses are going to end up in the same classes, so I'm afraid you might have to concentrate on just a couple if you're after qualifiers/points etc.

show hunters a 12hh, 13hh, 14hh and 15hh so you could do the 15hh class with your 14.3hh :). Also theres only lw and hw cobs at couty level (as far as I'm awear). What daffyd has said about classes sound good though :). Also a klot of local shows don't alow staillions on the show ground, and a lot of county level classes are for mares/geldings only.

hi i re started showing last year i did the same as you child showing but getting back into it is quite scary:eek: i would only take 1 horse to start and have a good look around don't enter to many classes as they clash you panic and then end up running around like a headless chicken a lot of things change over the years and you need to have a good look at the sort of classes you want to do with the horse i would start with promise in a hack class or lightweight hunter as local shows can have cob type over 14hh etc coloured and you might find all of them could do at least 2 classes each! how many grooms have you got? good luck;) dont forget the schooling and practice practice practice the judges love a horse that knows where it is going next lol:)
ps any one know pandrop pencot choirgirl any news good oor bad 28 ish grey show pony well schooled

newrider.com