I really do love my pony ....

Nope thats next on the list!

I am probably making it sound more exciting than it is but its a good achievement for us so far.

I will uploads pics soon!

Jumping or XC??

Yup you got it we did some jumping heres the pics

Indoor school very unsettled!:

P1230896.jpg

Trotting poles:

P1230902.jpg

P1230903.jpg

Tounge sticking out :p
P1230904.jpg

Practise jump:

P1230909.jpg

P1230910.jpg

Outside jumping:

Spooking but did jump it
P1230912.jpg

Before the jump:
P1230914.jpg

Small jump:
P1230916.jpg

MORE TO COME!

Filler:
P1230918.jpg

P1230919.jpg

Small block:
P1230921.jpg

Brush fence --- will she jump it?
P1230922.jpg

She does indeed (My fave piccie)
P1230923.jpg

More jumps:
P1230925.jpg

P1230926.jpg

Spread!!!
P1230928.jpg

P1230930.jpg

LAST JUMP!

P1230933.jpg

So overall had a lot of fun today - as you can see from the pictures!
She did not refuse or knock any jumps down and I was happy to get back into jumping with my own horsey!

Shes such a good little pony!

Lol it was a bit daunting at first but Ronnie really looks after me and we had a go at it and she flew over it, definitely my favourite jump of the day and the highest we have jumped probably!

Lovely photos! In one though (Uhhhm..*counting* 7th picture in 2nd post) you have a false groundline! Sorry if you knew, just thought I'd point it out;)

She looks lovely, really trying her heart out for you!

Oh right jumped the wrong way? Didn't notice really my instructor was giving me a course to do and I was having too much fun lol

Thanks for pointing it out though

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, explaining myself :eek:

Basically, from my rough knowledge, it can throw the horses judgement of the jump off a bit when they see it, so making it more likely that they will get too close/too far away, or make it more likely for them to refuse. The pole that is your groundline (ie. on the floor by the jump) should generally be in front of the jump the way that you are jumping it, to aid them in working out where to take off. However, considering how well she's jumping for you, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to her, I just thought I'd point it out ;)

Okay thanks for the explanation, I do personally tend to put a placing pole in front when jumping at home. I suppose it could make quite a difference though on a less experienced horse though.

Lol I it was the only thick one I could find for this cold day!! She looks so much better in pink and purple though lol

ooh we have that diamond filler but not the wings :( i wonder.....

newrider.com