Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
Mars bars were 22p
You could buy 200g bar of Cadbury's chocolate for 99p
You could get 2 mini jelly babies for a penny
Over to you :smile:

Last edited:
I can remember when you could get 16 (yes, that's SIXTEEN) fruit salads or Black Jacks for one old penny! :giggle: And television was black and white unless you were REALLY rich... and you only had three channels to choose from... and they shut down from about 11.30pm until 9am!

I'd still ask for a 1/4 of sweets....

10 regal kingsize and a pkt of matches for £1.20...no thats not what I spent my lunch money on :giggle:

It's what I spent my lunch money on though - no wonder I was soooo thin as a 14 year old....

I also remember being about 7 and buying single ciggies from the ice cream man that used to come round in his van....

It took me until I was 31 before I finally kicked my 40 a day habit - I blame the ice cream man:wink::wink:

It was B&H or JPS all the way - Silk Cut were for wimps!:giggle: Oh, and I went through a phase of cigar smoking too..... Oh the shame:help:

I used to buy 10 marlborough lights with my lunch money... now I is grown up I buy 20! (Actually for pretty much the same as my lunch allowance when I work away and can claim on expenses!!)

I can remember when riding lessons were £5 for half an hour!

I remember wham bars being 10p and you could get 5p pkt of crisps

Same age group me thinks lol! I remember when chewitts were 10p as well. Anyone remember fizzy lizzies mmmm loved them! The bus home from school used to drop us at the shop so we could get sweeties, driver would go turn and come back for us go. It was the only shop I ever found that sold fizzy lizzies!

£1.15 for half an hours lesson when I was a kid - and this was at the very posh riding school that had an indoor area with viewing area which just didnt happen then ...... You used to put your money in a wee brown wage packet type thing with your name on it and drop it into a wooden box.

And when red phone boxes took 2p pieces.....

I remember sometimes being up at the crack of dawn & turning on the TV (must have been some kind of illness emergency with my grandparents) only for channel 4 (I think?) to not be on air and it was that weird picture of a child sat by a blackboard doing naughts & crosses with some freaky clown thing - and an ear piercing monotone noise.

[/B][/I]

It's what I spent my lunch money on though - no wonder I was soooo thin as a 14 year old....

I also remember being about 7 and buying single ciggies from the ice cream man that used to come round in his van....

It took me until I was 31 before I finally kicked my 40 a day habit - I blame the ice cream man:wink::wink:

yes the ice cream van that came to our school sold single cigs...omg that just horrible isn't it! bad ice cream man :yellowcarded:

I'm 31 now and haven't stopped yet...:smoke:

oh Flipo's mum i loved fizzy lizzies..being a liz they were meant for me :giggle:

I remember sometimes being up at the crack of dawn & turning on the TV (must have been some kind of illness emergency with my grandparents) only for channel 4 (I think?) to not be on air and it was that weird picture of a child sat by a blackboard doing naughts & crosses with some freaky clown thing - and an ear piercing monotone noise.

I instantly thought of that when someone posted about only 3 channels (domane?? sorry cant remember)

newrider.com