I think I have a problem..

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
I have succumbed to the addiction of matchy sets. And I blame my husband! For Christmas I got a full Lemieux Benetton blue matchy set for Toby. I then treated kezzie to the Lemieux lime green set as a present to celebrate my pay rise/promotion. And then I discovered feather dressage..... Oh dear! Anyone else bitten by the matchy bug?!

Oh they are stunning! I've designs on the boots now as bandaging gets annoying in a hurry. I've just ordered an eskadron nici set from feather dressage. In my defence it was on offer...!

Reactions: Jessey
Yes, within reason. Although I dont go down the matching ears and boots/bandages route but I do like a nice saddlepad. I mainly stick to royal blues, denim or navy, so it's never too ClashyClashy with what I'm wearing :D

I like Kramer for HV Polo & Felix Buhler, as I find it's so much cheaper to buy on the continent than in the UK! I see some people spending hundreds & hundreds on sets, which quite frankly I'd rather spend on training personally.

There's matchy matchy groups on FB, which are worth joing.

Arg yes I am a match person but I have always been. The boy has always had matching bandages and saddle cloths before the matchy sets came out. But I love the colours now and have the Benetton blue and the mustard for ginger.

Only started using an ear bonnett two weeks ago as he has ear plaque in one ear and shakes his head a lot when doing flat work in the fly seasons.

I got into ear bonnets through the hi-viz ones a couple of years ago and realised how well they reduce fly irritation in summer. Never bandaged because of the feather. If love to be able to afford Le Mieux..... particularly Benetton Blue, that's my fave. I will probs end up with Kramer's cobalt blue cheap alternative :p

I like my cheaper ears because the ear cover parts are actually synthetic and stretchy, so aren't so thick as the LM cotton ears, whereas the crochet is still nice cotton. They dry out quicker if they get sweaty too.

Thankfully my saddle is GP so Feather Dressage is no good to me. But it HAS reminded me how much I love Esky mid-green :oops:

I got into ear bonnets through the hi-viz ones a couple of years ago and realised how well they reduce fly irritation in summer. Never bandaged because of the feather. If love to be able to afford Le Mieux..... particularly Benetton Blue, that's my fave. I will probs end up with Kramer's cobalt blue cheap alternative :p

I like my cheaper ears because the ear cover parts are actually synthetic and stretchy, so aren't so thick as the LM cotton ears, whereas the crochet is still nice cotton. They dry out quicker if they get sweaty too.

What brand of cheap ear bonnets do you use? I'm considering some to reduce flies, but dont want to spend a fortune on an experiment :)

I get them off ebay from a company called Zainee.... Just search for that name.

Screenshot_20170706-171244-600x1067.png

They usually arrive within 48 hours too. They wash well and I really can't fault then at that price.

Reactions: PePo
What brand of cheap ear bonnets do you use? I'm considering some to reduce flies, but dont want to spend a fortune on an experiment :)
I have a Cashel that the cob got as a present.
As a spare we have a cheap and cheerful Cottage Craft type. I needed it without the piping which was making it too tight.
I also have another which I have not tried her with yet.

Last edited:
Am I bitten by the matching bug. Nope. My saddle pad comes in two colours black or brown. I am not spending a fortune importing the other ones.
She hasn't got any boots.
Ear bonnet is black or white. I prefer the white but only from the showing up in the hedge if we lose it.

My bum matches her bum though :eek::D

Oh you are all such a bad influence!!! You all had me looking online at matching sets and I ended up ordering these

I think they will look lovely on Marley :D
upload_2017-7-6_21-36-28.png

I feel left out of this as the only matching I can do with my boy is numnah, my silk and maybe my jumper. Ear bonnets are always too small and he'd look bloody ridiculous in bandages or boots (if I could get any big enough!)
I really would like a set, what else can I colour him with?! Ribbons in his hair?!

Reactions: joellie
I have the lime green set, it's stunning! I've always had a lot of "stuff" but only recently got bitten by the matchy bug. Hat silks with faux fur Pom poms are also a weakness. Hubby bought me one to match the Benetton blue set. It's all his fault!!

Reactions: joellie
newrider.com