I thought you might be proud

chickflick1066

May 7, 2004
West Yorkshire
Cos I know I am. I had a lesson today --- And I didn't cry.

It has taken me a good two months to pluck up the courage and do it. Working in a group really took the pressure off and settled me well into a nice lesson. I was very nervous when we had to jump (a 1ft jump:rolleyes: ) but got there in there end so ended on a good note.

I just wanted to share. Finally did some schooling!

:D

Yeah I did ride Stumps. It was a RS lesson (my yard is a RI) so I just asked to tag along with a group lesson (level 3 group). We warmed up and attempted to control our canter:rolleyes: for 30 mins and then jumped a single jump in turns for 30mins.

We practiced approach and get-away in the jump which I feel was greatly improved. I'm a hideous jumper, I really am.

I would probably have semi-privates and the group lessons can get quite large. It was just a nice lesson to give me that kick up the backside I clearly needed!

It was lovely when the instructor said she'd seen such a change since last november :D

Well done both of you :D

I know how you feel - a few months ago I could hardly breathe at the thought of jumping teeny weeny x poles (I mean about 6"!) but kept perservering and am now jumping 2'3". It will get easier and one day you'll look back and won't believe how far you've progressed.

And I am often known to cry when neddy gets a bit silly, but have almost mastered the crying and staying on, rather than jumping off and refusing to ride anymore :eek: And I am 36 so old enough to know better!

So you just carry on and start enjoying yourself! If your RI has seen an improvement that's a great incentive for you.

Well done :D

Bet Stunpy's more fun to have lesson on too, now that she's a fit, lean working machine ;)

newrider.com