I thought

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
i would do a positive thread about confidence. I have been here a few time with massive confidence dips and you lot have helped me solve my issues, and with support, have kept me riding.

Well I moved to my new yard about 9 weeks ago now. And the support and friendship has been fabulous. My riding has really come on to having my first ever canters on Melody.... to hacking all the way round the yard tracks..... that’s about 3 miles in total. And today for the first time I will be exploring the real hacking across the road from the yard.

For those of you suffering with confidence crisis or nerves keep persevering in time you will bond with your horses and begin to overcome your issues.....I have gone from crying on my new horse Melody and wanting to give up riding altogether to hacking, and wanting to get back out doing showing...... and even trying a new Discipline which is dressage.

I have had some fantastic help and support of this forum and in real life with friends and riding instructor. Just keep on setting small goals you will get there in the end.

X

F9B48254-C7C2-4117-9AE8-F8D160DD59FF.jpeg

Lovely positive thread, so nice to hear :) It's amazing how quickly your confidence has come on in such a short space of time since you moved to that yard. Was there any particular point, or something that happened, after you moved where you realised that things were going to be ok, or did it just happen gradually?

Reactions: Native Lover
Lovely positive thread, so nice to hear :) It's amazing how quickly your confidence has come on in such a short space of time since you moved to that yard. Was there any particular point, or something that happened, after you moved where you realised that things were going to be ok, or did it just happen gradually?

I think it’s riding Mel more having a proper surfaced school with soft landing

And support people happy to Nanny you round initially it’s been really good for my confidence :)

Fabulous post! I always say that confidence is like a brick wall....it can be destroyed in one go but has to be re-built brick by brick. I, too, have had major wobbles over the years and I'm in the middle of a blip right now with Gracie actually, having had some recent behavioural issues which I'm hoping are just because of saddle issues.

When your confidence builds and you start be brave enough to do things that you haven't for ages, or ever done, you feel like you can conquer the world!

newrider.com