I Took Jess To Boot Camp.......(pics)

Flony_Pony

Apr 20, 2007
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Having had so many problems with Jess (my 5 yr old NFX Mare) I rang the lady who i used to work for (dont work there atm as she didnt have anuff horses) Now i planned to turn her away at the end of September for 6 months as she hasnt been turned away before, then when i got her back, i would hack her for a week or so then send her away! Well she jumped out the school and ran off etc with me and totally shattered my confidence on her.

Well Trudy (the lady who i worked for) said she could have her for a week and try and sort her out a bit, so off went Jess on tuesday, i went up on Wednesday to see her as field felt really strange without her (Flo was not impressed!!) and trudy had changed her bit and said she hadnt dont anything too bad. So I had a go on her and had a bit of a lesson.

We came to the conclusion that she hadnt been mouthed properly so i baught her a baby bit with keys on it to stop her fixing on the bit. And it worked! We took her flash off too!

She doesnt stay on the bit but is starting to accept it. We rode her over poles (Trudy first) and over some jumps (quite big if i may so so!!) which is what a main issue ahs been (POLES). So i went down on thursday and tried did it all again, Trudy rode first, then me which was helping me build my confidence! Here are some pics of Thursday at boot camp.....

This is Trudy on her...
BootCamp039.jpg

BootCamp047.jpg

Then it was my turn...
BootCamp058.jpg

BootCamp104.jpg

Then i did some poles....nicely
BootCamp122.jpg

Then added a jump at the end...
BootCamp136.jpg

BootCamp160.jpg

BootCamp160-1.jpg

Then we jumped
BootCamp186.jpg

And today is her last day there and she is coming home so Trudy can help me with her at home as she hasnt been much trouble there!! I was the only one who rode her today and here are a few piks, at the end we jumped a little course! More pics to follow!

You must feel alot happier now she seems to be going so well, its great when it all starts to come together, well done.

That is fantastic to hear after what happened when she jumped over the fence.
How big is she if you don't mind me asking? You look good on her:)

She is 14hh going on 14.1 and i want her as a jumper, I've never done showing or anything but hopefully this time next year i will have a few ribbons even if its just clear rounds or showing classes!!

Thank you for all your comments...especially on my position i obviously don't look as bad as i feel over fences!! I cant stop smiling, its the first time I've had confidence on her in a long time, and she is coming home tomoro so fingers crossed she wont trash it all again!!

newrider.com