I was offered a Welsh Sec B today for free!

cobmum

Sep 13, 2009
Middlewich
I went to have another look at the local livery yard that i will keep my rescue pony at today and got chatting to a lady who owned a very pretty grey sec B, sadly her husband passed away last year and she is really struggling to afford the pony's upkeep.

The pony has been a show pony in the past. She stuggles with lami and can be silly with traffic so owner doesnt want to sell to somone inexperienced in dealing with these issues.

Owner said that i would be welcome to have her :eek:

As much as this is very very kind, the pony is in good condition and isnt in urgent 'need' of finding a caring home. I feel this pony could be sold even with these issues.

I really feel that i want to help a pony in a life or death situation and really make a difference. I am being stupid? Whn i was younger i used to dream something like this would happen and 20 years later hear i am!

Last edited:
It would be a case of weighing up the costs to keep the pony sound, and healthy for the rest of her life.. could you cope if she ended up with full blown laminitis? I've known a few lami's on the past, and its heart breaking to watch them struggling to walk..
Personally, rescuing a youngster in need, through no fault of his/her own, would probably be the way to go :)
And No your not being stupid.. just be careful that your heart doesn't rule your head ;)

Last edited:
If i took this pony on, no i wouldnt get a rescue as well.

To be honist i think i feel i would have let myself down if i took this pony on, it is not in a situation where it will be shot or go to the meat man or be badly neglected.

It sounds like you know what you want... go for it;)

And when you little one arrives, everyone will want piccies...LOTS OF THEM!!

newrider.com