I Was So Brave Yesterday ...

Roheryn

Feb 21, 2005
I rode my guy in the huge great school with a couple of friends and WE TROTTED!
I did not think I would ever be brave enough to trot in the huge school, but we did, and it was fun. My friend gave us a lead on her horse, and my guy just went along behind quite happily. He did speed up a bit (which I'd been afraid he might do with more room to speed up in) but I was able to keep up with him and he stopped with no problem.
It felt so good to do that, and to ride him across the middle of the school.
We were all talking, and I just felt relaxed, and my horse was as good as gold. He knows I get nervous, of course, but he has come from "Oh, dear, you're nervous, there must be something to be nervous about, oh dear, oh help, I better be nervous too!" to "Hey, don't be nervous, it's me down here, remember? It's OK. Relax."
There was a new person with my friend and me, and I did not want to "be nervous" in front of her, so I just got on the horse and rode out across the school. I had one bad moment when I suddenly realized I was out in the middle of nowhere with no rail nearby, but we rode over to the rail and all was well, and then I was able to ride off the rail out into the middle.
I am getting so brave, and it is so nice to be able to ride in huge great school when I want to. :)

newrider.com