I will try again in the forum.

Cleanboots

Feb 3, 2010
After my last post ( Which was not met with great appraisal!) although i only made a comment!
I have dicided that you are right.

If I dont make the effort to talk then how can i expect the forum to work for me?:)

So, i will try and start again.
I used to come on here years ago and had a lot of good conversations, I was just a little sad to see how quiet it had become.
But, maybe, like you say. the forum is a better place now people are kind and not all in a clique.

I enjoy hunting ( the Cleanboot) and hack out twice a week for 3-4 hours a time ( cannot do more than that due to working full time)
I am a mature rider ( early forties) ;);)
Been riding since i was 6 years old.
Have 2 horses and my own land outside the kitchen door ( YES!!, I am soooooooo happy and lucky)

I will not say anymore until i see the responses to this post ( some people where rather abrupt on the last one)
Hope to start as i mean to go on now. x

Hello Cleanboots - and feel I may have missed your last post (probably because I went missing for a short while due to family dramas!:rolleyes:)

glad you are going to have a go with us lot again - I am also a mature rider but much more mature than you:eek: also been riding for a zillion years (since I was 3) dont hunt anymore - gave that dangerous stuff up years ago:D Happy just to get up the nerve to hack out alone these days - what a wally I am???;)

also have 2 horses that I keep at home plus 2 donkeys.

Can talk about horses until the cows come home and already see a similar theme in our backgrounds - stick with us and think you wont be disappointed?;)

Hello Cleanboots - and feel I may have missed your last post (probably because I went missing for a short while due to family dramas!:rolleyes:)

glad you are going to have a go with us lot again - I am also a mature rider but much more mature than you:eek: also been riding for a zillion years (since I was 3) dont hunt anymore - gave that dangerous stuff up years ago:D Happy just to get up the nerve to hack out alone these days - what a wally I am???;)

also have 2 horses that I keep at home plus 2 donkeys.

Can talk about horses until the cows come home and already see a similar theme in our backgrounds - stick with us and think you wont be disappointed?;)

How kind of you. thank you for the response, I feel much more welcome now.

Hi :)
Not sure of your old username but I was on here for a fair while before it went subs only :)

Anyway welcome and hope to hear more about you and your lot.

I have two ponies and rather too many children and am not as youthful as I wish I was:p:).

Hi :)

What kind of horses do you have? Are there pictures?

With all that experience of riding I'm sure you'll have a lot to contribute. I have only been riding 3 years so am still very novicey and admit to asking the odd numpty question!

It would be nice if the forum was a bit busier but I find I get good responses to my posts, even my dopey ones.

oooo i agree - pics please!!!

and welcome back! i too missed your last thread so dont really know what thats all about! either way nice to have you back! :D

I didn't disagree with your last post, I'm afraid you did get jumped on by some people.

Glad you decided to stay

Definately need some pics :D

Glad you back ooh pics are a must!! Sounds like my idea of heaven having horses litrerally on the doorstep (i have now turned a nice shade of green!!)

I have definatley found that posting more makes me feel more invlolved and have had some great advice and suggestions, so lets hope 2nd time around you have a more positive experience.

I am horseless at the moment but plan is to get myself a neddy late this summer. I am 27 and have been riding since i was 5. My dream from childhood and to this day is to buy tweed hacking jacket and enter a local show :)

:D

Last edited:
Cleanboots, everyone is welcome here no matter what! :) And we will think so much more of you for coming on and starting again as you have.

.......... but........

we want pics please!:D

Welcome Cleanboots. I too am on the more mature side - hit 40 the other day. Been riding on and off since I was small and have two ponies that live at home. Robbie 13.2 sec B and Archie 14.2 arabxhighlandxwelsh.

Pics please - it's a must on NR:D

Hi.
I am in my thirties. I am still learning to ride (2 years). I been in 2 riding schools and got the basics. Then I got my mare nearly year and half ago and ridden her shortly before found she is in foal. So I have her filly that will be 10months old.
I hack with my friend - spring, summer and autumn time.
I can't advise on topics too much as I am still learning. I am more asking for advice what to do etc. I can advise on dogs and cats etc.:)
I got 2 dogs and OH, no kids yet.
I hope you will enjoy it here. Just give it little bit of time.
It is sometimes hard for me to read through all posts and reply as I am pretty much working morning till late evening everyday and some weekends as well.

If you are mature than I am very mature (hopefully thats a bit like cheese not decrepit!!). I too have horses outside my kitchen window, rather too many of them at the moment!

I am lucky that I have never had to use a livery yard as I think I would cause chaos (like my own way too much!) but for the last 20 years have also worked very full time with horses.

We like hunting and showing, hacking is somewhat of a scary business due to the traffic near us so not something I enjoy. Can still manage quiet days hunting although these days cobby and I tend to join the non jumping fraternity. Cobby also does sidesaddle scary days with daughter!

Probably remember me as I seem to have been around since the dawn of NR time!!

If you are mature than I am very mature (hopefully thats a bit like cheese not decrepit!!). I too have horses outside my kitchen window, rather too many of them at the moment!

I am lucky that I have never had to use a livery yard as I think I would cause chaos (like my own way too much!) but for the last 20 years have also worked very full time with horses.

We like hunting and showing, hacking is somewhat of a scary business due to the traffic near us so not something I enjoy. Can still manage quiet days hunting although these days cobby and I tend to join the non jumping fraternity. Cobby also does sidesaddle scary days with daughter!

Probably remember me as I seem to have been around since the dawn of NR time!!

Eml, I certainly remember you, you have been around a long time :)p)
Thanks to every one who has made me so welcome, i will put some pics on when my son or Daughter come to see me again ( I dont know how to do it, modern technology and all that you see!!)

I have some pics of my two boys when they were just babies, and now they hunt and look soooooooo impressive!!

I am pleased to be back and hope to enjoy the forum.
I will extend my subscription and hope to have many enjoyable discussions.

Speak soon and will remember the welcome.
Pics to follow when i have the help to put them on:confused:

Mine was one of the more abrupt posts,but to be fair your post was a little negative and 'appeared' to be trying to provoke an argument.Just wanted to clear the air about that,and make a fresh start hopefully:)

I am also 'mature' (rising 37;)),although feel more than double that some day's lol,seem to have done nothing but fall to bits since I turned 30:eek::p

I have two equine friends.Jack,14.1hh rising 8 yr old fell pony,and Marble 3.5 yr old approx 14hh appy x native.

I ride the grumpy fell pony,mainly hacking as don't have a lot in the way of facilities to do much else (one of the downsides of keeping them on my doorstep).He's a bit of a Victor Meldrew personality wise,but is fabby to ride:D

I will hopefully soon be riding Marble pants,as he goes off to be backed etc tomorrow:D

Have a trailer and 4 x 4 now,so am hoping to get out and about a bit more this summer,and maybe do some shows with the spotty one:)

Look forward to seeing pics of yours!!

good change of heart, we're a good laugh on here really! lucky you having yours at home! Def need to see pics! welcome back :)

newrider.com