I wish they could talk! Odd goings on in the field??

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
I went to fetch Zak in today and he was a real pain to lead in. He was fine to catch but then kept spinning round to try and get back up the hill to the other horses. I corrected him swiftly and he was really annoyed - head high, nose and mouth clamped shut tightly radiating disapproval! This is very out of character but I just put it down to one of those days.

Later I led Cally in - and she was exactly the same!! Which is also totally out of character.

I then found a mysterious patch of blood in the field. Quite a lot but in one small patch. No sign of injury on any horse and no other patches as you'd expect if a horse was injured and walking around.

I turned them both back out and they galloped at full speed back up the hill to the herd. Again not their usual behaviour. Very weird.

I wonder if there had been something in their field and the blood was from a kill. A fox or bird of prey? It might explain them all being so wound up if there had been some sort of commotion.

Reactions: Cortrasna
Yes, it sounds like they've seen something that upset them, and a prey animal being killed by a predator could be the answer.

Maybe they witnessed a murder!

Midsummer Murders is filmed in the village where I keep Roxy - I rode through the set the other day, and there was a man walking behind me scrubbing at the road with a sort of scrapery mop thing to erase any trace of us!

In Midsummer Murders they nearly always have one or two very smart people riding equally smart horses through a village - are you one of them Squidsin ?
Erm....yes.

Not really. They seemed quite keen to get us out of shot! I really wanted to be in it though and I reckon Roxy did too! I don't think those people are locals - ours is the yard right by the set and none of us have been asked!

Reactions: MAC66
our horses went ballistic Friday night and betty was white with sweat on saturday - blacksmith came and she was difficult to shoe a model jet plane had crashed - wing was found on our land
even today she was crap to ride - very nervous- things out of our control happen I guess

I didn't know they'd made any more Midsomer Murders!lol
Must look out for them (we don't have a tv just download stuff on the ipad now and again)

Ours were very giddy last night coming in but I think I know why - they have eaten up and I need to move the leccy fencing.
Sounds like something had been going on to wind them up - re the blood.......how mysterious......

our horses went ballistic Friday night and betty was white with sweat on saturday - blacksmith came and she was difficult to shoe a model jet plane had crashed - wing was found on our land
even today she was crap to ride - very nervous- things out of our control happen I guess

Oh heck that would scare them wouldn't it!

newrider.com