Icelandic British Champs 2009! Results and pics

shoniedaspony

me+horses=smiley person
Aug 22, 2003
north west london
Visit site
Featuring NR's very own *IR*, CER and nevilla

Now, forgive me for actually not having complete results of any sort. But hopefully someone will add them later :rolleyes:

I went down on the sat, the 2nd day of qualifiers, the finals being on sunday.

Only pics of IR and CER I'm afraid, as camera low on batt (or so i thought).

The intermediate tolt- first a few laps of slow tolt, then tolt with speed changes- slow on bends, fast on long sides)
CER in slow tolt
S7000026.jpg

fast tolt
S7000032.jpg

4 Gait class (Show a lap of trot,tolt,canter, and half a lap of walk)
IR flying!
S7000035.jpg

S7000036.jpg

CER
(and fellow competitor, tolt)
S7000037.jpg

a nice trot lap from the steadles
S7000041.jpg

canter
(apologies for blurriness)
S7000044.jpg

S7000046.jpg

If I got this right- Intermediate told, IR came 4th and CER came 6th. Top 5 qualify for the final, so IR went on to come joint 3rd in the final, whilst CER came 2nd in the 'final for people who didnt get into a final' (don't ask...)

I know CER came 7th in the intermediate 4 gaits, whereas IR was in the FIPO 4 gaits (proper qualifying class), and not sure where she came, sorry :eek:

And Nev seemed to me to ride and do very well- but I don't know where she place in any of her hundreds of classes either. Sorry!

I'm sure the others will be on later/tomorrow to update on their various dramas...but enjoy!

Well done girls. You've done NR proud. :D I'm just sorry I wasn't there to witness any of it :(

Will speak to you during the week IR and then you can fill CER in.

Will you all stop looking into your bellies? Chin up or I'll come down and shout at all of you! ;) ;)

There were some classic moments of both of those. Particularly the trot one (though I'm sadly lacking pics of it)

And sadly also, a fair few people entering classes where they didn't even attempt to get one of the gaits :confused: (e.g. not trying for trot in the 4 gaits, just walking round). Seemed a bit odd to me, but hey what do I know.

At least it meant I could develop my knowledge of piggy pace, rolling in the tolt, and what a more pacey tolt looks like. As well as fox trot, and some other concoction of excited bouncing and legs everywhere. I learnt lots :D

That's right, cantering with one and and trotting with the other! :D :D

Lots of Valhopp going on .... in the 4 gait beginners classes (piggy paces cantering infront) and in the 5gait test.

Am uploading all my pictures etc tonight before I say much more about this weekend.

newrider.com