icelandic horse

rianne21

Mummy to Trooper & Rosie
Dec 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
ok i am aware a number of people on here have these beautiful horses...

i wanna know more about this fab breed!!!!

so.. all hail pics of your icys, please :D

stories of their lives!!

They are fab!!!! their gait, their gorgeous faces..everything! How high do they go to?

OOOh iam all excited now!!!:D

ok i am aware a number of people on here have these beautiful horses...

i wanna know more about this fab breed!!!!

so.. all hail pics of your icys, please :D

stories of their lives!!

They are fab!!!! their gait, their gorgeous faces..everything! How high do they go to?

OOOh iam all excited now!!!:D

LOL! Just dont ride 1 coz your catch the "icelandic bug" and know matter what you do all your want is an Icy:p

Even your old faithfulls at home will seem abit dull after an Icy!:D

There gaits are really fun!the tolt i sooo comftable unless your on a competion horse when it tends to be more wobbly due to the leg action.

But you (never try this with a grey horse and white jods) can carry a glass or ribena (bad idea) and not spill a drop in tolt.Pace is soooooooooooo fun and soooooooooooooo fast! Could give a racehorse some serious run for his money!

With Icys they vairy hugly in size the mare ive just bought is about 12.2-12.3 but theres 1 for sale who is 15.2! But for Icys he's abit of a misfit!

Mostly id say between 13hh and 14hh.

Where abouts are you?you may have some Icy's just up the road and not know it :D

go on to my profile and click on my photos.Your find my soon to be silver dapple on there.Although she is a bizzare silver dapple!

If you cant see which 1 itis her names Sessa and its written down on her pic :)

wow that is incredible!! :eek: The "tolt" eh?? oooh is that the gait where their little legs look like they are all off the ground at the same time? are they taught these gaits or is it a natural thing???:eek:

Hehe wow ok ribena..seriously??THAT smooth?? :eek: awesome!!!

oooh they are so ickle i would feel so odd on 1 at first hehe !! but i love little ponies!! well..14hh is little for me i am used to 16.2hh lol! :rolleyes:

i wanna ride 1!!!i am getting the bug!!!

I am in bedfordshire hun xx

go on to my profile and click on my photos.Your find my soon to be silver dapple on there.Although she is a bizzare silver dapple!

If you cant see which 1 itis her names Sessa and its written down on her pic :)

:eek: you're not kidding!!she is creamy silver dapple lmao!! confused pony :p

what a pretty little pony she is!!!! xxx

wow that is incredible!! :eek: The "tolt" eh?? oooh is that the gait where their little legs look like they are all off the ground at the same time? are they taught these gaits or is it a natural thing???:eek:

Hehe wow ok ribena..seriously??THAT smooth?? :eek: awesome!!!

oooh they are so ickle i would feel so odd on 1 at first hehe !! but i love little ponies!! well..14hh is little for me i am used to 16.2hh lol! :rolleyes:

i wanna ride 1!!!i am getting the bug!!!

I am in bedfordshire hun xx

lol 50k thtas nothing!The stallion who won last years worlds was sold for over 500,000!hats madness!For a small hairy ponie i hear you say lol Go on youtube and look them up.You can see tolt on there.Oh yeh and the Ice Tolts :p

There gaits are natrual to to them.My youngster tolts and paces around the field!Not seen trot yet!

ah you've just sinned in the Icy world!there not ponies there horses :D riding 1 of these i like riding a 16.2.Also in Iceland they have no other breed of horse so them Icys are horses!

hmmm bedfordshire to hampshire...no idea on distance! If your ever in my neck of the woods you can come and have ago..there all microchipped and have hidden camera's lol

lol 50k thtas nothing!The stallion who won last years worlds was sold for over 500,000!hats madness!For a small hairy ponie i hear you say lol Go on youtube and look them up.You can see tolt on there.Oh yeh and the Ice Tolts :p

There gaits are natrual to to them.My youngster tolts and paces around the field!Not seen trot yet!

ah you've just sinned in the Icy world!there not ponies there horses :D riding 1 of these i like riding a 16.2.Also in Iceland they have no other breed of horse so them Icys are horses!

hmmm bedfordshire to hampshire...no idea on distance! If your ever in my neck of the woods you can come and have ago..there all microchipped and have hidden camera's lol

LMAO i won't steal them!! for a start i think i would look slightly suspicious on the motorway with an icelandic strapped to my back!! or being stuck in a traffic jam with an icelandic pony tolting past all the poor people stuck in their cars haha!!:rolleyes::D

You are 2 hrs from me:eek: that's diabolical! Right i am moving haha!!!!

:p

LMAO i won't steal them!! for a start i think i would look slightly suspicious on the motorway with an icelandic strapped to my back!! or being stuck in a traffic jam with an icelandic pony tolting past all the poor people stuck in their cars haha!!:rolleyes::D

You are 2 hrs from me:eek: that's diabolical! Right i am moving haha!!!!

:p

It has been done.On motorway near manchester!traffic was awful i was with my friend on the way back from scotland with her competion horse.Was really hot so got him out and rode him up and down...3hrs later we got moving again!We could of ridden home in that time!

Well if u ever come this way lemme now and you can have a ride...cant think of anyone near u with them hmm il have think!

It has been done.On motorway near manchester!traffic was awful i was with my friend on the way back from scotland with her competion horse.Was really hot so got him out and rode him up and down...3hrs later we got moving again!We could of ridden home in that time!

Well if u ever come this way lemme now and you can have a ride...cant think of anyone near u with them hmm il have think!

hehe ok hun thanku!!!

in the meantime people get posting piccies and stories of your icys!!

oh my!! i agree,,, you could have hacked home by then haha :rolleyes:

so they (the HORSES :eek:) use the tolt, because they needed a pace faster than walk, to go over the ice etc.. they need a gait/pace that will ensure 1 foot is always on the ground...

this is just what i read about and i just watched them racing on ice.. it's all very very impressive!!

hehe cool arnt they!

there abit like marmite you ither love them or you hate them.My cousin hates them and is always saying to me "why dont you just have a nice forester!ah boooooooooring!

Ive had them for about 7 years now but ridden them for longer and id never have a normal horse now.I find when i ride normal horses i ask them to tolt and when nothing happens im abit like :confused: lol

Id like to go to the top with them and in 06 i rode for England at the youth cup and came 6th out of about 80 something :D Twas very cool!

In April we had our first Ice Tolt at planet ice in basingstoke.Mabey some nr's went?!

Sucha shame you dont live closer :(

I wish I had one! Rianne, I TOTALLY share your enthusiasm for Iceys! And dont you just think they would be perfect family ponies;):D I have enough horsey responsibility atm but if I was ever to get another I would be VERY keen on an Icelandic:D

Erm the speed can vairy muchly but true fast Tolt is mega fast!I think you have to try it to see how fast it is hard to say really :D

lolahut,

They can be fantastic family horses but they arnt really kids horses.There are some sweeties around but they can be abit like goldust!

As they are so strong and forward kids find it very difficult to ride them.You may look at them and think cute and cuddly but they seriosuly are horses in ponies bodys :)

Hmmm well i think im doing a good job at converting people :p

Would they be any good for someone with joint problems? Have almost given up on finding a permanent ned for OH - the one we had was 'too boring' (but didn't aggravate his joints at all - knackered through his job), he likes friend's pony but gets hurt when it turns fast/spooks & spins as it's so small. If so, anywhere within reach of the M25 we could go to ride one?

If anyone lives in Hants and wants to see the icy's in action Salisbury show is on the 12th and 13th were doing a display.Google it and itl all be there!

Im doing it on my new horse who i will only of had for 1 day....might be fun:D!

newrider.com