Ideas for rug storage / transport

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
We are in the middle of converting our out building - and it acted partially as my extra tack store! I am now faced with just two rug racks in my "real" tack room - OH has taken down the one he put up as that walls going to be re-built next week. I don't use rugs often - tbh they are thick heavy weights that belonged to Mr Joe. I keep them in the hope one day - Mr T will once again become the proud owner of a tb that needs them!!!
Anyhoo, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any places I could buy specific heavy duty plastic zipped bags? Am going to google but just thought I would ask here also.
We have trunks that are already full! We are on the move at some point so I am trying to get things stored as neatly as possible.

I use the vacpacs out of the pound shop. My heavyweighs fit in them fine with room to spare ans once they have had the air sucked out of them are actually quite space saving. And cheap! I have wrote on them with a marker what rugs live in what bags etc

Thats a great idea - I will have a google and see what I can find. The nearest Pound type shop is miles away and I'd probably spend more in petrol!

Trewsers you could try Lakeland, they used to sell something similar although probably a lot more than a pound at least it would save you the drive.

Trewsers you could try Lakeland, they used to sell something similar although probably a lot more than a pound at least it would save you the drive.

Just ordered a pack of two from them. One has a Union Jack on it - stylish!!! They aren't the cheapest but usually good quality.

newrider.com