Idiotic Irresponsible Drivers - my pony is fab!

Kc Mac

Aug 22, 2008
Ok slight rant sorry :eek:

Took Indie in the trailer over to my friends for the weekend. After loading perfectly after not seeing the trailer for several months (he never used to load) and travelling beautifully there, i expected him to be a bugger to load for the homeward journey but nope he was great!

We had a lovely weekend of long hacks which Indie seemed to love, even when the bus squeezed by to over take us rather than wait for us to pull in the side road, just to pull up at the bus stop and cause us to stand in a que of traffic behind him :rolleyes: Indie was great, didn't faze him when cars came past too fast. However a big white paint sign - a circle with '30' inside - on the road he had to dance over with eyes on stalks :D but still not really bothered. Then he had a little spook at a shadow, to which some clever guy then in his transit van thought was appropriate to come past us beeping his horn :eek: Unbelievably my little arab only jogged a few steps before walking properly again :D I really don't not understand what goes through peoples minds when they see horses.......

Then it got worse when taking Indie home......

Smiling and merrily tootling down the road, happy with my boy, came towards the brow of the hill, start my descent, see row of cars coming up the hill towards me, check my mirror and to my absolute horror some idiot is over taking me :eek: At that point he could not see if anything was coming up the hill :( I was waving madly out of the window to tell him to go back, and petrified of the concequences of his actions, luckily other cars realised as they had almost stopped - i couldn't do anything as i had a loaded trailer - and how that car actually got passed us with no incident i will never know *insert shaking head here*

Then just as i am trying to stay calm i get to the roundabout by the motorway and hear sirens, so slow down and almost stop as couldn't see flashing lights, then police car comes hurtling across in front of me :eek: Very pleased i had almost stopped, but was still a little shaking and ended up crying on the motorway :eek: such a numpty.....

I know there are idiots out there but why did i have to meet so many in one day?!

Sorry for such a long post and thanks for reading :)

What absolute idiots! Selfish, selfish b*st*rds!! I couldn't care less if people like that wipe themselves out, but how can they have so little regard for other road users? They should all be locked up and beaten severely around the head! If any of my family were killed by someone like that I don't know what I'd do, but I'm sure I would like to kill the driver with my own hands.

So glad you and Indie didn't come to any harm - Indie sounds such a star.

Thank you! Indie is an absolute star and reminded me this weekend of just how amazing he is :D

I was so shocked but my main concern was Indie - I'm not so concerned with me or even the vehicle/trailer we can be fixed or replaced but not Indie! Its the feeling of total helplessness and uncertainty that feels like a lifetime, when in fact it was probably a minute or less :(

I just hope our next outing is less exciting :rolleyes: but it is easy to see how bad road accidents can occur with several casulties by one irresponsible driver :mad:

newrider.com