If horse isn't vaccinated no insurance if it gets flu

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Just read that if your horse gets flu and it's not been vaccinated then the insurance doesn't cover.
I'm not aware that my insurance company stipulates it is a condition to have my horse vaccinated.
Will have to check policy wording now or vet fees cover will be a nonsense.

Yes it's pretty standard now days, not just that they won't cover flu treatment but they use being unvaccinated as an excuse to get out of all sorts.

Why would they cover you for something you didn't take precautions over? I don't see it as an excuse to not pay.

Mine brought in registered farrier only a while ago. They've just dropped homeopathy, but my very doesn't believe in it so no worries there.

Why would they cover you for something you didn't take precautions over? I don't see it as an excuse to not pay.
It's not an excuse for not paying out on flu claims, but I had to prove vaccinations for Jess' lameness claim, that seems like looking for excuses to me

It's not an excuse for not paying out on flu claims, but I had to prove vaccinations for Jess' lameness claim, that seems like looking for excuses to me
The same with my claims. They wanted to know when last wormed, trimmed and vaccinated.
It's all in our notes and they looked back through the entire ownership and previous claims.

As an aside perhaps our nhs should be this thorough. Unless we tell the gp they haven't looked back because they have too many patients.

newrider.com