If it wasnt so sh** it would be funny

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Went up the field to See to Hogan and YO's horse. Bit distracted with the loss of Ramsey. Obviously not concentrating and keeping Hogan's manners in check. Little git was farting about in his stable, stood on my foot, I fell backwards but my foot didn't, as he was still on it. Banged my head on the floor and felt something tear in my ankle. Threw the brush at him which got him off my foot. Called him some horrible names, and I have to say, he did actually look sorry. Anyway, I managed to do my various chores, took him back to the field, and realised I hadn't thought about Ramsey for about 10 minutes. My ankle is agony, driving home was a challenge, but in the most perverse way possible, thank you Hogan, you distracted me, and made me realise life is going to go on, and I'd better get my act together. You're still a little git though.

Reactions: Dolly gray
I'm not surprised you called him some names, he knows better than that. Try to put it up with some ice on it, and make everyone in the house keep your wine glass topped up! I wonder if it would be worth lightly strapping it up before you go to bed so you don't wake up to something swollen to giant proportions? Any medical people on here who can advise?

Hmmm... I would say from what you have said you need to get checked out. How badly did you bang your head? Any headache? Or sickness? If so you need to get it checked out. Or was it just a slight knock?
In regards to your foot with the tear it could be a muscle or ligament. So again i would be tempted to check it out.

You may have torn the ligaments. I hope not though as that can take a few years to heal.
Hope you feel better in the morning and not too stuff and sore.
Sorry to read about your loss.

Reactions: Huggy
I think my head's ok - but that could just be the wine (good shout carthorse). My ankles not that swollen, but damn, it hurts. I must admit, it was ligaments that worried me. I've iced it, strapped it and raised it, will see how it is in the morning. Teach me to remember that in no way, shape or form, is Hogan anything like my dear old gentle Ramsey. (Still love the big chubby thug though).

Reactions: lauren123
Sore and swollen this morning. I only have one pair of shoes I can get on, but lucky to get any on I suppose. I'll give it the weekend and hopefully it'll have eased a bit. Meantime I'm giving myself double the time to do do any jobs. Not sure how poo pickings going to go, the YO can't do it as she's still recovering after a big op. What a pair of crocks!

Reactions: Jessey
Those ice sprays are good and quite soothing - I got one from Tesco, their own brand for my strained ligament last year. Lots of healing vibes x

Well, off to MIU today. There's something not good that's for sure. Hoping against hope that it's a really bad sprain, but I can feel something move if I move my foot the wrong way, and theres a suspicious hard lump on the outside of my ankle, that's agony to touch. :oops:

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. Fingers crossed it's "just" inflammation & all you need is rest, support & some anti-inflammatories.

Went to MIU today, apparently it's a grade 2 sprain, (damaged but not torn ligaments) and there might be a hairline fracture. They didn't x ray, but put a splint on, (which helps a lot) and said to go back in if there's no improvement after 3 days. They were a bit snarky with me when I said I was still doing the horses. Don't know what I'm supposed to do - if I had a 2 year old child I wouldn't be able to sit with it up, 24/7. Got some dihydrocodeine for nights, so hopefully will sleep better. Good news all round I suppose!. Thanks for all the good vibes :)

Went to MIU today, apparently it's a grade 2 sprain, (damaged but not torn ligaments) and there might be a hairline fracture. They didn't x ray, but put a splint on, (which helps a lot) and said to go back in if there's no improvement after 3 days. They were a bit snarky with me when I said I was still doing the horses. Don't know what I'm supposed to do - if I had a 2 year old child I wouldn't be able to sit with it up, 24/7. Got some dihydrocodeine for nights, so hopefully will sleep better. Good news all round I suppose!. Thanks for all the good vibes :)

Yeah what are you meant to do - just leave the horses?!! Lots more healing coming. I hope it's better soon.

Great that ligaments not torn. I did mine and it took 18 months to heal without anything as they said if put splint on it would heal too short.
I broke my finger as well and that's got a long term kink.

Pain is good, no pain means damaged nerves. I managed that as well.

Glad it's not too serious. Non-horsey people just have no clue, when I went to the states the guy I went with was baffled that I couldn't just leave the horses in the field for a week while we were away.

newrider.com