If you are going to fall off

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Do it front of the yard owner. It makes it their day.

:p

As I think I have said she flings and you fly.

Ooops, she is a bit of a character your mare! Clever of her to pic the right moment too :D Hope you're ok though.

Oooeer are you okay?!!!! Horses are such great levellers aren't they?? I have no pride at all and am the humblest of riders:p
Hahaha @joellie yes bet she was saying she is worth it!!!:p:D

Reactions: joellie
A piece of twig got blown over the drive. One spin, two spin, floor.
It takes her just one second to be facing the other way. I didn't feel it/ see it coming because she can be ott in her response.
The first spin unbalanced me, but being a twig I turned her round and firmly nudged her to 'get on'. She firmly nudged me to get off with the second spin.

No point falling off if nobody sees you do it. Providing the rider is ok, obviously I don't want to get injured.

She failed the green cross code, Stop, Look and Listen!

Got back on and jumped a few poles. Not her fault if the rider can't stay put.

Last edited:
yes I loved Joellie's comment too :D I hope nothing more than your pride is dented ;)
I did just read that 'do you let your horse stop and look' thread and I wrote my comment.
What actually happens in reality for some of us is if your horse shies you are sat on your arse!!

To quote myself "Anytime the horse changes gait, direction, doesn't go forward or won't slow down, something else is more important than the rider or handler"

Yep tis true. That lightening fast reflex of hers was her putting her first. Nothing personal that she didn't look to me first over a twig.

I used to ride one who could spin like that out of nowhere, caught me out a few times. Glad your ok!

newrider.com