If you can do anything with your turnout

Get a short length of hose and learn to set up a siphon ? filling buckets daily now is easy, it’s when it’s pitch black out and the torrential rain is blowing in sideways that it gets boring fast?
Yes a hose will be on my list unless the tank moves into the field at some point.
It's a 1000 litre so learning how long it lasts.
I need to get a cap adapter! Fed up with misjudging it and having a shower.

Having to do water is such a pain. If its 1000 litres its probably one of those ibc containers. You can get fit ments that attach to them that means the trough is on a ball valve, you put the ibc container on a stack of wooden pallets. We did this for the cattle on the conservation ground for a number of years. We use to fill it once a week, that was for about 7 cows. We used to fill the container, from a water bowser that we towed to site. Once we went up in numbers it wasnt sustainable, but the council invested in a mains water pipe that is now laid underground round the hill.

Reactions: newforest
My ibc lasts about 10 days for my 3 so that should keep you going a couple of weeks. I got my step down adapter for just a few quid on eBay so I can attach a regular hose to it.

Reactions: newforest
The size will be the diameter of the black bit, normally 3” I think, pretty sure I had to use 2 steps, 3” > 1” and then a 1” > 1/2” (or 13mm) for the hose to go on

newrider.com