If you think poulticing a horse is hard....

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
If you think poulticing a horse's foot is hard try poulticing a cat's foot when she's ripped half a toe/pad off :eek: The drama of it, screaming and growling, you would have thought i was strangling her :rolleyes: even with her wrapped in a towel I had my arm shredded o_O And after all that she chewed the bandage off overnight anyway, so she's confined to barracks until its looking better, I'm going to have one grumpy cat when I get home.

Reactions: SeeingSpots
Sorry but as a fellow cat owner, I did giggle at your description because I can imagine the carnage here if we had to do the same. Barny is docile and friendly until we try to pop a worming pill down her and then she unleashes the beast!!! We are swapping to spot-on wormers! :p

Oh poor puss, but I know what you mean, I'm actually very impressed that you did it single handed!

Never mind poor puss, poor Jessey! I hope she's healed soon, for both your sakes x

Sounds like there should be a market for a kitty crush, a bit like a mini cattle crush lol

Reactions: Jessey
I took the easy option today, I just swilled her foot round in a bowl of hibiscrub, will keep doing that I think as it was far less dramatic. Its looking a little gunky, if it doesn't calm down it will be a trip to the vets for antibiotics I think :(

Aw poor kitty and your arms! As a fellow cat servant I can relate. We had to put eye drops into my cats eye for a week once. :eek::rolleyes::DTook two of us though my mum did say she was easier to get the eye drops into compared to when she did my dad's!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
She's just finished her antibiotics today, got to give it a week and see if the infection flares back up, if it does it must have gone into the bone and will mean surgery to remove the toe, NR vibes needed as we could do without that!

newrider.com