Ifor Williams 511 Diagonal?

I wouldn't think a 505 would be wide enough, you might manage it in a 510 with small horses but can't see a 17hh fitting herringbone.

I think it would probably be fine for 15 handers in the 510, I stood in my trailer yesterday trying to see if it was possible,lol.

Haha stick a horse in and see if they fit, I would think you could in a 510 but might not be on as much of an angle as traditional herringbone if they are long. Are you looking at this as an option to create a tack space?

I think I'm going to have a go at making the divider with saddle racks on and keep the horses as straight loading. They will be only 14.2 (hopefully) and 15hh that are traveling in it, and mines a 510. They can't reach the haynets when at the front and they have to be hung up at the tie rings or on the middle partition anyway, so we are not really missing that space.
I was thinking of just adding saddle racks at the front, I think the horses will be able to walk past ok, but I'm worried they would eat them. Same Issue with the Bateson trailer I was looking at as well.

Yeah you can get those fold down ones if you need to get them out the way, its worth a try. I always found the same even in my 505 with the hay and my friends 510 I borrowed, it is a bit of wasted space

I was stood in my trailer with a saddle and a folding saddle rack I have trying to work out if it would work,lol. The big saddle is pretty massive though and hangs miles over the end of the saddle rack, think I might have to look for a western styled rack, if going that route.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com