Ill in bed but just want to go for a ride!

Lou_n_Ronnie

Feb 5, 2019
As the title says! I've been ill since Sat so didn't get a chance to ride at the weekend and I'm feeling a little bit better so would love to take Ronnie out for a walk round the block! I've only had a cold really but have felt really tired/fatigued and dopey so I'm probably expecting too much of myself... Took me ages just trying to stuff a haynet last night. Luckily my other half has been chauffeuring me to the yard and doing the poo picking etc. so I've just had the easy jobs!
I'm at the stage now where I'm wondering if I feel so lethargic because I've been spending so much time in bed and just need to get my bum in gear or if I still feel fatigued because I'm unwell :eek:

Some people are effected worse than others by colds. I've had 3 colds since September. Which is unusual for me. But I've kept going throughout and gone to work and had to feed all my animals. Fresh air is the best remedy. A cold doesn't stop me riding.
If you've had since Saturday your probably over the worse bit. I say a quick hack is in order.

Reactions: Lou_n_Ronnie
Depends on the severity of the cold. Last one I had was a stinker and I could have cried with the throat pain that it caused me. Lucky for me I could still keep an eye on the girls and Zi as OH put them in the paddock nearest the bedroom window. I couldn't have ridden to save my life that time!
Then again in the past I've had colds that once I got on board I've felt better after a good blast!

It must've been lovely to still be able to see them despite being bedbound and feeling terrible! I'm feeling a lot better now so have been up at the yard feeding and grooming Ronnie for an hour, will be back at work tomorrow :(
I do think it depends on the cold bug you catch as the other year I climbed Helvellyn in the Lake District with a right stinker but this time I was just so tired/fatigued and I just wasn't with it... Kept doing dopey things lol. I've been quite stressed at work for a while which probably didn't help!

Reactions: Trewsers
It must've been lovely to still be able to see them despite being bedbound and feeling terrible! I'm feeling a lot better now so have been up at the yard feeding and grooming Ronnie for an hour, will be back at work tomorrow :(
I do think it depends on the cold bug you catch as the other year I climbed Helvellyn in the Lake District with a right stinker but this time I was just so tired/fatigued and I just wasn't with it... Kept doing dopey things lol. I've been quite stressed at work for a while which probably didn't help!

Yes work stress doesn't help does it?

Not one bit! I so wish I could change my job!
I'm one of the lucky ones - retired, grandchildren duties 3 days a week(which I love!) Just before Christmas I got a cold that was 1cm off flu - felt totally cr** for over a week. Had to do horses as YO was incapable after major op. You know when you feel weepy cause you're so sorry for yourself? Thought maybe my two would be all sensitive to my state. Ramsey - "God you're slow tonight getting my food" Hogan "Oh get over yourself, you're not dying" Sigh.

Reactions: Lou_n_Ronnie
I can relate to the feeling sorry for yourself and weepy bit! Everything else carries on as normal while you feel like death warmed up and wishing there was a pause button!

Reactions: Huggy
I can relate to the feeling sorry for yourself and weepy bit! Everything else carries on as normal while you feel like death warmed up and wishing there was a pause button!

Yes! I had flu fifteen years ago and cried so much during and after. The slightest thing set me off, and not just because my skin and everything felt sore. Awful. Thank god for flu jabs! Some of those fluey colds can be same.

newrider.com