Ilph

Do you belong (financial member) to any of the following?

• (R\A) SPCA

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • ILPH

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Local animal welfare\rescue agency

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I volunteer my time

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I talk about animal welfare but haven't done anything practical yet

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

virtuallyhorses

NZ TB owner
Mar 1, 2002
New Zealand
www.virtuallyhorses.com
There have been a few threads recently about abuse (or alleged abuse) it just occured to me to post the link for ILPH . The International League for the protection of Horses.

I'm a life member of ILPH New Zealand and also make regular donations. I'm hoping all those who have posted on various topics expressing their horror at cruelty are also members or at least make donations of their time and\or cash, thereby contributing in a more practical way to horse welfare issues - talk is cheap, as they say :)

BTW there are branches of ILPH all over the world so perhaps members can also post links to their local league site. They are also pretty grateful for any donations of gear, rugs, hay etc so when you do a spring clean, or think that you'll give something away perhaps consider giving it to the local group instead.

I have contacted the RSPCA in my area 3 times now, and they havent responded. Everytime they say they will send me a form to fill in to find the most suitable voluntary work, but this has never arrived. Are there so many people out there doing voluntary work?

I have also contacted a few animal sancuaries with no success either. :( :(

Have you considered going down to see them at the centre to fill out the form? Sending one out is one more task that you've asked them to do, rather than helping them do more :) Although, I believe that the RSPCA in the UK runs a central phone centre so that could be part of the problem (and I'm happy to be corrected on that :) )

If you're really keen to help out, go and visit instead of waiting for things to be delivered to your door ... and of course you can still send your donation or join up as a financial member.

I am a volunteer webmaster for a horse sanctuary. I met the people in charge when I went to a local pet fest- a get together of animal protection organizations.

I would agree that the best way to volunteer is to go there and sign up in person or at least meet the people/ see the place.

I don't have time at the moment - but I used to volunteer 4 or 5 days a week at the RSPCA.

I worked in cat quarantine, which was sad, but rewarding in equal amounts. We did have problems with the weekend vollies, tho - they kept topping up each cat's food when it had finished, even the ones on strict diet (due to obesity or illness). And they didn't follow the strict sanitizing procedures you *have* to follow, because they didn't understand the importance. (we had 3/4 of the cats die from flu in one weekend) :( Still - any help is great!!

They had a couple of horses there, but weren't suitable for riding - but we were allowed to feed them carrots!:p

I will try going down there and get a form.

I do donate money each month to an animal sanctuary. I sponsor a sheep, named Baaaart. We went to see him when they had an open day a while back, he is really cute! :D :D :D

We bring the RSPCA cat food and litter and etc...

PONYTUDE

o they dont have horse relatedissues there! I dont no where they do? I shall look into this maybe find a place to vollunteer(SP) at!

Last edited:
last month they was a stallion runing loose up and down are lane, i managed to catch him a put him in are sand paddock, i knew where he lives the people deont look after him. so i ring the ILPH who are only 2miles away from me, left 4 massage during the day, i am still waiting for them to return my frantic calls, so i have to say , no money of mine will be going in there tin.
by the way the RSPCA, came and took him home so well done to them.:)

newrider.com