I'm absolutely heartbroken and shocked

Oh my God, twhat a terrible thing to happen but what a lucky escape for you :frown:
I'm so glad your immediate family are ok and will hope and pray for other family and friends.
Can't begin to imagine how worried and helpless you must feel.
My thoughts will be with you, and let us know if there is anything we can do
xxx

I head about this on the radio here this am. It's just awful :( I am glad all of your immediate family and yourself are all okay. I hope all of your friends and the rest of your family are all well too. How devastating for you all :(

Oh no, what awful news. I'm so glad to hear your immediate family is ok and i will keep my fingers crossed that you hear from all other friends and family soon.

My thoughts are with you and NZ today.

Sorry to hear about this, i heard it on the news this morning. Hope all your friends and family are ok xx

heard it on the radio this morning, my heartfelt sympathy to you all, going to be a lot more dead from the reports so far as they haven't really got any idea yet of how many folk are trapped.

so glad you and your kin are ok but just so sad for the devastation of your home town and the loss of life.

hugs

It's now dark and raining. It will be a long night ahead for search and rescue operations. Phones are all still down, but so thankful I could contact immediate family this afternoon.

People down there are still shaken after the 7.1 last September. This will be very damaging to nerves as well as infrastructure. Kia kaha kia maia kia manawanui Otautahi. (Be strong, be resilient, be staunch, Christchurch). Arohanui. (Much love).

I'm going to sleep now, expecting to wake up to worse news. Finally got through to my mother again after 6 hours of trying. The power is out and she had no idea of the central city damage or the death toll.

Oh no, how absolutely awful. I can't imagine how you and others over there must be feeling - it's beyond comprehension. I'm so glad that your immediate family is OK, and hope that your friends and others in your family are too.

OMG. Sending you much sympathy and good vibes for all your friends and family that are affected. Thinking of you - take care Trewsersxxxxx

I hadn't heard about this either,but am so sorry to learn of it.

Will be holding a good thought for you and yours,and hope you manage to get in touch with all those you are worried about asap.

Heard this on the news this morning and thought of you. Glad to hear your family is OK. Awful about their homes though.

newrider.com