Im awful at diy now!!!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I was saying only to the girls at the yard recently. I need to muck out now and again to get my fix. Going from a diy yard to full is hard! Though i have realised how out of touch i am with mucking out now!

Well.. I got a message from my YM saying her mum was rushed into hospital early hours of wed morning and could i fully do sox. So i did.
Then weds night i agreed to do the liveries fully for today. The girl who helps in these times with the stallions couldnt get down. So i have been in charge of 8 horses today!
Quite proud. Got there at 09:30
Fed and watered the stallions, mucked out the 2 other liveries,gave them another bale of shavings and a hay of straw ,hay and watered, change rugs, turned out the 3 liveries swept the yard and did the muck heap. By 11:15 :D
The once i got home i was shattered and my back hurt so i fell asleep...
Tonight.
Hay and watered the stallions, skipped out, gave sox more bed, topped up his water, refilled his haynet, brought tge 2 liveries in. Gave sox a late lunch Changed rugs. Filled up another haynet for tomorrow day. Did his beet for tomorrow. Gave him his tea and his meds.
Day done!

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
I was saying only to the girls at the yard recently. I need to muck out now and again to get my fix. Going from a diy yard to full is hard! Though i have realised how out of touch i am with mucking out now!

Well.. I got a message from my YM saying her mum was rushed into hospital early hours of wed morning and could i fully do sox. So i did.
Then weds night i agreed to do the liveries fully for today. The girl who helps in these times with the stallions couldnt get down. So i have been in charge of 8 horses today!
Quite proud. Got there at 09:30
Fed and watered the stallions, mucked out the 2 other liveries,gave them another bale of shavings and a hay of straw ,hay and watered, change rugs, turned out the 3 liveries swept the yard and did the muck heap. By 11:15 :D
The once i got home i was shattered and my back hurt so i fell asleep...
Tonight.
Hay and watered the stallions, skipped out, gave sox more bed, topped up his water, refilled his haynet, brought tge 2 liveries in. Gave sox a late lunch Changed rugs. Filled up another haynet for tomorrow day. Did his beet for tomorrow. Gave him his tea and his meds.
Day done!
I have a relatively easy time of it - diy but they both live out. However YO had major op in November, and since then have been poo picking for 3 horses, feeding twice a day, (plus cat!) Giving one of mine his meds and soaking his feeds, also had 3(!) abscesses to poultice in the last month. Old boy needs continual rug changes too, to stop sore patches. Don't think I could face mucking out - hats off to you!

Reactions: Trewsers

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well done @lauren123
I have three muck outs to do most mornings and it takes me almost two hours!!! Included in the mucking out though, is turning Zi out with a fresh rug, giving breakfasts to them all, sweeping the yard, normally laying some fresh straw in the byre, hanging a net up on the yard for Chloe, washing out the supper feed bowls (we say goodnight about eight at night and leave them a dish of chop each) and leaving a pile of hay for Storm.
I think on the whole I would miss mucking out! Mr T takes Storm in hand for grazing whilst all this is going on - at some point though she will have a paddock and be released back into the wild:p

Reactions: Huggy