Im back and need serious kick up the posterior!

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Hello everyone - been very tied up last couple of weeks with family dramas and have tried to keep up with all your posts but feel I've sort of got left behind at the moment!:eek: So many new names - cant believe it - have I missed an upsurge in membership or something? all good stuff though isnt it - more the merrier I say!:)

Plus my hard drive decided to 'die' on me ( sure it couldnt possibly have been anything I had done???:eek:) - sadest thing was I lost ALL my pics of
ALL my horses - old and new - only got a few left on photo bucket - really sad about that.:rolleyes:

Anyway - now have new super dooper PC that is megga fast but leaves me feeling very bewildered and old - sort of think about what I want to do and the b****y thing just does it - all very alarming IMO!:eek:

Point of post is - havent ridden the delicous JJ since sometime in December - though my lovely little sharer has been taking him out weather permitting. BUT.....just cant gather up enthusiasm to get on his lordship myself - apart from one rather alarming hack she had with him he has been a super star - but just cant be bothered. Feel soooo guilty - but soooooo tired after all the recent family mayhem.

any suggestions to get myself going again - dont think its nerves (but who knows?) - i go down the field - get him in -n groom him - make much fuss of him - .....then just put him back out!!! What is wrong with me??:mad:

All criticism of my pathetic mindset will be taken onboard without offence:D

You know what? I think that there can just be times when you don't fancy riding, and if you don't have to do it, then why cause yourself more stress? You have someone riding, so cut yourself a bit of slack, and wait till the moment grabs you. I'm sure it will at some point, and if it's not till a lovely warm day in the summer, well so be it. :D

My experience tells me that if I don't much fancy riding but make myself do it anyway, it tends to go wrong....

Families can be very draining. Wait until your strength is up before adding to the pressure!

I seem to be having the same inability to motivate myself.. I usually bring him in, give him a brush, and put him in... where the hacking out idea went, I just don't know:confused:;)

Sorry no kick up the backside from me either,as I am exactly the same:eek:

Have ridden a couple of times recently,but has been very much a 'make myself do it because I know I should' thing.I have enjoyed it once out,and I am annoyed at the mo because I can't (poorly paws,mine not the pony's!!),but really do lack the will when it actually comes to it if I'm honest.

Think it's just time of year TBH,mud,wet and cold aren't great motivators!!

I agree, I think we sometimes hit a 'everything is too much bother' interlude.

I know I do;)

Nicer weather is on its way (hopefully) and will give us all an incentive to get
off our lardy A**es and do a bit more:p

I keep thinking about ' I should be doing this'
or 'should be doing that' in preparation for backing but can't
get past that point.

'SOMETIMES I SIT AND 'THINK' AND SOMETIMES I JUST 'SIT', lol.

It's definatley the weather! Soooo cold and miserable!

Luckily spring is just around the corner, and when the sun starts shining I bet you'll be raring to go!

I've only been able to ride at weekends due to work and no floodlit school, but even so, I had to really gather up the gumption to go to my lesson on Saturday! My feet were like ice blocks!! (although I did feel more sorry for my instructor as she'd been teaching for over 3 hours that day!!) Brrrrrrr!! :eek:

The thought of lovely long summer hacks and the summer shows is keeping me going!! :D

Can I be the horrid one that gives the verbal kick up the bum please. Will not do it until I get the OK through as really don't want to up set anyone!!!!

Nice to see you back did wonder where you were ;)

Anyway as for not riding dont worry about it, sometimes we all just dont feel like riding, and I am sure our horses dont feel like being ridden :D just chill take a step back, it wont hurt either of you. Plus I dont think the weather helps, as soon as it perks up a bit I am sure your enthusiasm will return, why not just play some ground games or something like that?

Nice to see you back though xx

Thought I hadn't seen you around ! Hope all your family stuff is sorted now. I can't give you a virtual kick up the a r s e - as I don't think there's anything wrong with just messing about grooming etc! Our pair are only getting ridden three times a week atm, and to be honest, on Sunday we both whinged that much (think DEAD numb fingers!!!) that it was hardly worth it! I can't wait for the summer and what a lovely time we're going to have - so at the moment I'm only riding when its really fabulous out there! We do it for pleasure after all. Plus, (this probably isn't an issue with you) but for me and OH the cold and combo of a stiff breeze isn't always the best confidence booster, and our two are very on their toes. Roll on hot, slow lazy summer days...........

Welcome back! And to all of you... I can't believe it.... I thought you all rode at least twice a day in all weathers??? The illusion is well and truly shattered...... :p

Well, wish I could turn mine out so I don't HAVE to ride. I agree winter is for chillin out but I've enjoyed our freezing cold gallops, so cold my chin freezes shut.

You'd have laughed on Sunday, I got back from a short one and someone at the yard pointed out my flies were undone.... I was mortified :eek::eek::eek:.

There were loads of walkers out that day all smiling away. I THOUGHT they were a bit friendlier than normal. My purple flowery knix were out for all to see!

So, if I don't go out for a ride this weekend, it's only because I'm way too embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found my motivation this time last week as I mananged to get the up courage to weigh myself and found I'd put on nearly 2 stone since my operation last summer :eek:

How quickly it can pile on if you don't keep a watchful eye on things :(

Hey all know the feeling I am currently working long, gruelling hours and on the night before my day off I give myself a list of to do's (hacking, schooling, grooming, organise farrier, back man etc, etc etc) this is when I mostly tuck into a glass or two of wine or even the bottle because I know I am off the next day hehe. I wake up on my days off wrecked barely dragging myself out of bed, then drag myslef up to the yard and muck out then try and muster up the enthusiasm to groom and tack up and ride hmmm I always say I will tomorrow vow to be up at 6am to ride before work never do plus I have two girls schooling and hacking for me at the mo so its a case of allowing myself not to ride whereas before I would have to.

I also think its that sad disorder when its cold, wet and miserable and bringing three mud monsters in from the field syndrome :D:eek:

Gutted I typed a really good rant and the computer crashed or the mod's deleted it.....

I will take the hit and give the ass kicking required..

Image if you had done no exercise over winter because of the weather/work/laziness etc and then I take you out for a 3 mile walk on Saturday and then again on Sunday you would hurt. THEN the next weekend I do the same just walk maybe a little jog!!!. THEN the next weekend I make you run a 10KM race you would tell me where to stick it. Not to mention the injuries you would substain if I made you do it.

Please transfer this to our ponies that have done nothing/minium for months.

and final rant.

IF I HERE ANYONE COMPLAIN THAT IT IS TO HOT TO RIDE IN THE SUMMER I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN WITH MY RIFFLE (this is a joke by the way):D

Gutted I typed a really good rant and the computer crashed or the mod's deleted it.....

I will take the hit and give the ass kicking required..

Image if you had done no exercise over winter because of the weather/work/laziness etc and then I take you out for a 3 mile walk on Saturday and then again on Sunday you would hurt. THEN the next weekend I do the same just walk maybe a little jog!!!. THEN the next weekend I make you run a 10KM race you would tell me where to stick it. Not to mention the injuries you would substain if I made you do it.

Please transfer this to our ponies that have done nothing/minium for months.

and final rant.

IF I HERE ANYONE COMPLAIN THAT IT IS TO HOT TO RIDE IN THE SUMMER I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN WITH MY RIFFLE (this is a joke by the way):D

GULP!! :eek: OKay Mum, off for ride now.... :p

I do see what you are saying though and that was one hell of a good kick up th'arse! :D

Well I consider myself well and truly kicked up the a**e by those of you brave enough to do it!:D

And to the rest of you - phew - thank heavens Im not the only one at the moment;)

Shall check the weather for next few days and hopefully sling myself up there and remind myself of the cyber kicks! Plus my young sharer has said today she will look out for something to loan for a few months so JJ and I can have a hacking companion this summer. Did say that Im happy to let her keep something here for no charge as we have stacks of room and would be great to have a hacking pal.

so all in all - feeling slightly more upbeat today and as most of you have said - summer isnt too far away is it? IS IT??? :confused:

newrider.com