I'm Impressed! (Wellies!!)

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I have poor circulation so I always have Muck Boots to keep my feet lovely and warm, even if they are a bit clumpy to walk in. However in the last few years I've been unimpressed as I think that their quality has dropped off a bit. Yet again another pair only lasted 6 months before the split at the heel, beyond repair.

I have a pair of cheapo Countrywide wellies which have proved to be more robust than the flippin' Mucks but obviously my toes get cold so a few weeks ago I went to CW again to find sonething toastier. CW have recently introduced some neoprene-lined wellies so at £40 I took a chance. I have to say they are FAB and my feet still stay warm - despite my low expectations. And they're not clumpy! I've put the insoles from my Mucks into them now so as well as keeping warm, I also get that familiar "walking on air" comfort that you get with Mucks.

So - impressed so far with the comfort. Will let you know if they stand the test of time regarding splits and leaks.....

Interested to see how they perform @domane I love my muck boots and to be fair my last pair were going through their second winter until I stuck a broken fence post trough them! accidentally of course, bought a new pair of muck boots, different style this time and no where near as clumpy but just as warm. Be good to see how your CW fare though as would love a cheaper alternative for when this pair give up.

How wide in the leg are they? I've got stupidly narrow legs & I really struggle to find robust wellies that are narrow enough in the leg.

You might be in luck with them, PM. My standard CW wellies just about fit my fat calves but the new neoprene ones have an adjustable side vent which I have to have quite wide. That would indicate that to me that they can be narrowed quite well too.

I had a pair of the standard Country wide wellies a few years back and thought they were great. I will have a look a the new ones as my warm wellies died recently

newrider.com