I'm so excited - my OH proposed! OMG!!

Roxy's Mum

Jul 21, 2009
Dorset
I've had such an exciting and lovely day today, it's been unreal!

OH said he wanted to go for a walk this morning as the forecast was brilliant sunshine & there was no wind at all, such a gorgeous day for a walk, so we stopped by his parents and picked up their dog to go for a walk at Hengistbury Head (local headland).

We had a wander along the beach then sat on a rock to rest a little while - he got up and then went down on one knee and said "I was wondering if you might marry me". Jees I nearly fell off said rock! He had a little box in his hand & he explained before he opened it that it's not a traditional ring because he really wanted me to choose whichever I wanted so instead he presented me with a custom made necklace that was created using a lock from Roxy's mane. I was stunned, how incredibly thoughtful, I'm so touched he went to so much effort. And it's so pretty and unique. I can't believe he managed to take some of Roxy's mane - he turned her back out into the field one evening a few weeks ago & during this time helped himself to her mane with a pair of concealed scissors!

We have no idea when or where we'll get married (even though people keep asking!) and we did go to a jewellers to look at some rings but not bought anything yet.

I'm so excited :happy:

Just after he asked
DSCN5867_zpsd2fa2287.jpg

This is my necklace
DSCN5874_zps1ba52856.jpg

Some pictures of our walk
DSCN5855_zpsc142cfe5.jpg

DSCN5856_zps2c1e9ed9.jpg

DSCN5864_zpsb32ba026.jpg

Holly - my inlaws' dog
DSCN5865_zpscb42e3b6.jpg

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s!!!

Really, really happy for you and what a lovely proposal you had too!

xxx

Huge congratulations! You look so happy together! And the necklace is so beautiful. Wishing you both many, many happy years together.

I love the fact that he thought to have Roxys mane encased in bespoke jewellery. That's a keeper you've got there. I'd never of thought of having that done for myself so full points to him for that.

newrider.com