I'm so unbelievably excited

I'm almost definitely going to add a few more lights :D a better floodlight in the top hay area, the one I have is fine but it's solar and because of the big trees it has to be quite a way away lighting up the wrong bit really.

I am also going to have a security light in the driveway, so it is super obvious if anyone is there when I come out, finding those guys right outside my gate last year shook me a bit (tall solid wooden gates, didn't know the men were there until I walked out almost into them). I've just got to find one that can be switched off remotely as don't want the alcoholics/druggies being helped out by the lights when I'm not around, that would probably make it an even more popular hang out for them.

It's really life changing though having lights. I can't wait until I've saved up enough to get ours re wired. Atm I use lights that we re charge every day and they give off a good light - but only for three hours. So bit of a juggling act. The byre really is a mess and needs ragging out and re doing properly. I'd never even consider using the current (forgive the electric pun) wiring as it is.

You really are very excited, aren't you?! :p
I would be as well.
I remember going to camp and having a tap outside the stable. An actual tap and water came out and everything!!!
I had spent five years without any power whatsoever, no water unless collected in the butts. A birthday present was a water butt. ;)

Now I have electric it's amazing.

It's really life changing though having lights. I can't wait until I've saved up enough to get ours re wired. Atm I use lights that we re charge every day and they give off a good light - but only for three hours. So bit of a juggling act. The byre really is a mess and needs ragging out and re doing properly. I'd never even consider using the current (forgive the electric pun) wiring as it is.
That's what I use now, the lights work perfectly well and it's all good, but to have reliable mains lights that I won't need to remember to recharge is going to be fabulous. I'll be wiring them in while I'm off over Xmas :)

That's what I use now, the lights work perfectly well and it's all good, but to have reliable mains lights that I won't need to remember to recharge is going to be fabulous. I'll be wiring them in while I'm off over Xmas :)

Yaye how fab for you. I have a routine for charging mine up now, but it is annoying when I do forget now and again.

Haha it's never a smooth road, had Eon booked for Saturday to come between 12-4 to install a new meter, he shows up at 3.45 of course :rolleyes: takes a look at the old meter, and apparently the fuse in there was insufficient so although he was able to fit it, he had to wire it to an isolator and I now need a sparky to come and fit a new fuse box and connect to that, so still no power I can use. Oh well, I will get there eventually.

I don’t know how you manage with no power. My yard is lit up like an Olympic stadium in the evenings, you wouldn’t really know it was dark sometimes. I went to view a yard a year or so ago which was much cheaper, but they didn’t have electric and it put me off. I hope that you get connected soon.

Reactions: Jessey
I don’t know how you manage with no power. My yard is lit up like an Olympic stadium in the evenings, you wouldn’t really know it was dark sometimes. I went to view a yard a year or so ago which was much cheaper, but they didn’t have electric and it put me off. I hope that you get connected soon.
I'm so looking forward to having some lights on, we don't even get light pollution from others really as the lane has no street lights, to the left is fields, behind is the river and forest, to the right is fields and forest, couldn't see my hand in front of my face without a torch.

I managed for 11 years at the yard I was at with no electric. You learn to manage. I think it's more difficult if you've never been without, people struggle to adapt.
We're I live, years ago power cuts were frequent. Out came the camping stove and gas bottle to boil water for a cupper and to cook dinner. Several of my neighbours couldn't manage and made such a fuss if it went off. I just laughed.

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
I don't have any electricity at all. In the winter it's just me and my head torch!

My livery neighbour has a solar panel on her roof which gives her some light in the evenings. She's teacher and can only get to the yard after dark in the winter. But we get by

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
newrider.com