I'm such a proud mumma - update on horse driving trial training day

shandy84

Oct 10, 2003
Essex
community.webshots.com
Bramble has done so well today, she really has proven herself as my ideal pony.

I have never trailered her before but took her on a two hour journey to the trials, she only had 1hr to prepare the previous day :)

We put to and warmed up for the dressage and with some good instruction from my groom for the day and the fact she knew it was special she was collecting really nicely and holding it :D

We went into the arena and got through the whole test with no major blips, the main comments given were to gain more impulsion without speeding up and to be more accurate on the turns (ahem :eek:)

We then did the cones, which was such a laugh! I knocked down 27 but went through 42 clear not bad for a first attempt I think.

We then had some lunch and then had the obstacles, apart from the added obstacle of some rather serious flooding Bramble did well unfortunatly I took a wrong turn :eek: but after some laughing about it we did the course right at walk Bramble was so very tired but has behaved:D impeccably.

I am so proud of her :D

We asked not to be included in the competition, but they still gave us a placing on each element. In the dressage we came 7th out of 30 and in the cones 8th, obviously I got us eliminated on the obstacles.

I had a ball it was so much fun and the people were nice, she really enjoyed it too!

Thanks to all those who encouraged me to attend, I think i've been bitten by the bug now, already planning my next training event and I'm now grooming for a pair of big boys :p so will be great as I will get double the experience.

WOW WTG both of you
considering you only did 1 hr the day before what placings :cool: WICKED :)

No wonder you are so proud :D i would have been dancing on the cieling

she deffo did you proud and you her by the sounds of things

WTG GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Cant wait til its us lol

Well done, sounds like a great and very successful time was had by all! I have to say the driving world is generally far friendlier and more open than the riding world....

You'll get there with the obstacles, they take a lot of practice and memory on you and your groom's part. First year of competing you normally expect the odd elimination (or close shave) as par for the course!

:D I don't mind that we got eliminated it was a laugh :D Bramble was good in that she didn't run out of the obstacle if she was a bit worried and also didn't crash when my directions were unclear.

I said all I wanted was for her to behave and she gave so much more than that :D

GOSH that sounds like serious fun!:) glad all went well - is there no piccys??????????????:eek: if not you will be in serious trouble, if, the next time you participate you forget your camera x

newrider.com