In loving memory to beautiful Pascal

rianne21

Mummy to Trooper & Rosie
Dec 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
Pascal 16.2 1/2hh bay Holstein mare pts june 2008 at the age of 28
To the most special horse in my world.
I will miss you with every beat of my heart.

I started looking after you 12yrs ago, Kevin said to treat you as my own. So i did. We had so many fun times together. Baldock gallops with Nicky and Jess, Bradley and Lucky and all our other friends. Me and you on the track, you getting all excited, those huge ears pricked so high, waiting in anticipation.. no matter how excited you were, you would never do anything until i said. All i had to do, was lean forward and whisper "listen pascal, go on.. you can go NOW!" and off we went as fast as your long legs could take us!! Pounding across the track, hearing you breathe fast as you just let everything out. Strectching your legs, the wind in your mane and tail. Racing with your friends!!
All i had to do was sit deep in the saddle and say "steady pascal, listen, steady and trot" and you would come to a steady trot. You listened to everything. Lungeing, free schooling.. all we had to do was say "pascal listen" and you would lean your ear inwards and lick your lips. If we said "good girlie" you would nod your head as if to say "yes i am mummy"

I had kevins 2yr old on you, walking along... no contact. Kevin was on the ground next to you, asking you what to do, where to go etc. You were just amazing.
I know you didn't like other peoples kids or dogs! you used to pull all sorts of faces! that is why i had to move Rodney from front yard!Everytime i led him past you, you were dertermined to get a chunk out of his white bottom lol!
I remember the day that Your horse magazine came to see kevin and do an article with him! Pascal i spent hours with you i made you look so shiny and clean! I then got to show you off!
Then at Contessaa riding school, during a spook busting clinic.. i was the official groom! i got to warm you up in all your gear!You were gleaming!! i was so proud! i even got to come in the school with you and kevin and do the presentation! what a privaledge!

You were always there for me when i needed you, you listened to me, you nuzzled me when i sat in the corner of your stall in tears, you were my best friend. All i had to do was come to you, throw my arms around your warm soft neck, and i felt safe, i felt loved.

The first time you met my children, you let josh groom you, you tried to eat jessicas foot! which was so funny! Jessica was giggling so much! I can't believe how perfect you were with them! I feel so so happy that they got to cuddle you, kiss you, meet you!! Josh still talks about you know, he doesn't understand where you are He misses you.

I gave you so much love and care, as did kevin. I am so glad that you were not put to sleep when you were little, as you kicked kevin in the skull when training, almost killing him. They said you weren dangerous. But kevin wouldn't let you go, he knew you were special. He trained with you, working all the hours god sent.. and through that bought a beautiful relationship. you served with West midlands police for a fair amount of years, winning best trained police horse of the year 3 yrs in a row i am so proud of you for that

I have learnt so, so much from you, Pascal. I have learnt how to understand and appreciate horses and their feelings, their body language, i have felt love for the first time... (obviously apart from my children ) i love you as if you were my own child. We did join up, you and kevin taught me and indie mirroring. Dual riding is just spectacutar!!

i remember going to nortonbury show just to watch, and all oof a sudden you got down on your knees and waited for me to rollf off, before layingdown on your side in the lush grass in the beautiful sunshine! it was embarrassing but just so funny!!

The stable girls used to tell me how you would wait for me to come onto the yard, your ears pricked up, whinnying at me!! So very sweet!!

Even though you were not rideable towards the end, we still spent quality time together, the last groom we had, you fell asleep whilst i gently groomed your mane. Singing to you. Talking to you, telling you my deepest darkest secrets!! You never judged me.

Today i am mourning the loss of my best friend. I don't know how to feel, what to say. All i can do is cry. I never got to say goodbye. Please know i love you, miss you and will never forget you. I thankyou for giving me the best years of my life. i thankyou for all you taught me. I thankyou for waiting for me to leave my childrens father, and come back to you. Thoughts of you kept me strong. Knowing i would see you again.

What will i do now? I can never go back to the yard. It is just too painful.

Not a day goes by that i don't think of you, and for as long as i live... you'll be with me it's true. You will remain, deep inside my heart, and never ever leave me.
I miss you. Goodbye my princess, and wait for me at the bridge when my time arrives.. We will ride together, and Kevin will be there too. He misses you so much. I love you pascal. R.I.P beautiful xxx
So comes the end of a beautiful journey 2gether,
We must part ways and say goodbye until we meet again at the Bridge.
Goodnight beautiful Pascal...
Gone but never forgotten.
I L0VE U ALWAYS AND IN MY HEART U WILL ALWAYS BE XxXxX

I will never forget you, my best friend.

Last edited:
Photo10201128-1.jpg

Photo10201152_1.jpg

Photo10201527.jpg

Photo10201240.jpg

Photo07011716_2-1.jpg

Photo07011718.jpg

Photo07011707_1.jpg

Photo07221732_1.jpg

Photo07011707_4.jpg

The poem on a plaque i had done of pascal :)

Tear Drops
They say memories are golden,
Well, maybe that is true;
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried;
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still;
In my heart you hold a piece
No one could ever fill.

But now I know you want me
To mourn for you no more,
To remember the happy times
Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten
I pledge to you today;
A hallowed place within my heart
Is where you'll always stay.

If tears could build a stairway
And heartache make a lane;
I'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same;
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.

Oh my that is so sad :(
It made me cry :(

R.I.P Pascal! You were truely loved xx

It's ok i have had 1 of those emotional days too :p

N0 matter how many mths on it has been, there isn't a day that goes by that i don't think of pascal and wish she would come back. I do need her, but she needed 2 be free of pain. I will always need her and miss her more than words can ever explain.

Pascal really was loved and was such ahelp 2 me. Even when i wasn't with her she still helped!! She was and will always be my happy place!

I have left domestic abuse, i have suffered really bad panic.. but the whole time..thinking of pascal and all the things we did, they helped me!!

i thank her so much 4 that!

i don't think the pain will ever go 100% but it does, it is, getting easier :)

RIP beautiful girl xxxx mummy loves u always and forever.. sleep tight xxxxxx

newrider.com