Insurance companies

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I am just wondering really.

Sox has exclusions on his insurance, I am with pet plan. the exclusions are ' anything related to cribbing or windsucking' or along them line :) With that been the case would I be covered for colic or not?

Just curious really. Hes fine!

I think you would need to ring and ask. Windsucking increases the risk of colic so it may be excluded by some companies.

I would guess colic would be out but it may be dependent on what the vet were to say if Sox did get colic. I do think the insurance would try to link it back to the windsucking or cribbing

I think that too rubic. The one time he did get colic there was a marathon been held just outside the yard the day before and all the horses were acting out of character that day. The following morning sox wasn't feeling great.

I would expect them to not cover it or argue the toss, unless it was something like sand colic which is very clearly unrelated to cribbing/windsucking. Even if you call they will probably say it would depend on the circumstances.

Check your wording too - does it say directly or directly & indirectly? (Or words to that affect). You might want to check - as that will have a knock on affect in what you can/can't claim for.

I'd give your insurance company a call to clarify what the underwriter will or won't pay out for in the even of a claim.

newrider.com