Insurance companies

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I know it's been done to death, but it renewal time and I'm wondering if E&L (and the likes) have truly improved in recent times? I've had several people tell me they have but I'm not entirely sure I believe it :D

Ideally I'd like all 4 covered for vet fees, but as no one is doing anything I don't want to pay through the nose and Jess has exclusions as long as your arm too. I already have my 3rd party, legal and personal injury elsewhere, it's just literally death, theft and vets fees I want. I have thought about doing the Harry hall one for the little boys, or maybe all 4, and putting the extra into an account for anything not covered.

Last edited:
I found insurance for Charlie through SEIB, South Eastern Insurance Brokers. Because he's a baby I was only looking for a few things, not the full Monty, and they were very helpful about picking and choosing from the providers available. It might be worth giving them or another broker a call.

I found insurance for Charlie through SEIB, South Eastern Insurance Brokers. Because he's a baby I was only looking for a few things, not the full Monty, and they were very helpful about picking and choosing from the providers available. It might be worth giving them or another broker a call.
Thanks I have Jess with SEIB and Niko was going to cost me more to insure than her with them! no idea why. It was them who suggested I might get a better deal elsewhere.

I pay Gracie's insurance monthly and a few months back it came DOWN by a fiver a month! She is insured through Julie Andrews and it was always with Scottish Equestrian. But I had a phonecall recently to say that Julie had actually sold the business a couple of years ago to Petcover and that they were ringing everyone at renewal to check levels of cover etc. As I've only got the one now, I actually chose put G's cover levels up (vet fees etc) and also to increase her value (God forbid) so I'm paying that extra fiver again ..... but getting more for it!

Last time I checked NFU were only offering horse insurance if you held other policies with them eg for the property, and getting a quote is a pain as you can't do it online so I tend to skip them. I really just want cheap basic cover as I currently just have 4 field ornaments.

Last time I checked NFU were only offering horse insurance if you held other policies with them eg for the property, and getting a quote is a pain as you can't do it online so I tend to skip them. I really just want cheap basic cover as I currently just have 4 field ornaments.

Ha I must have used SIB on your recommendation! Charlie is same age, same type and size, same risk profile (I suppose) and he is costing me £45 a month

Reactions: Jessey
Yes your right now come to think of it. I only got my horse insurance originally as both my mum and brother have business insurance, farm insurance and car insurance with them.
I got a quote for car insurance with them at one point and it was astronomical for me.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com