Interdressage?

Calder

Jan 26, 2006
Oxford
My trainer suggested last week that I give Interdressage a go.

Does anyone have experience with it, as a novice rider? I'm looking at the Starter and Walk-Trot tests, which seem like an appropriately gentle introduction to dressage tests.

You should have a go, it's good fun and lots of useful feedback. Ideal for those who work weekends and/or can't get out to local shows. Give it a try, what do you have to lose? and good luck :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Thanks, all. I am definitely up for it! Not sure I'll be ready in time for January's competition, but I'll see what my trainer thinks.

You should definitely give it a go :)

They always judge very kindly and have something positive to say about everyone. Novices are very welcome and we all have to start somewhere anyway :)

Well done!! And good idea to video to see what to work on, but great first attempt! Did you enjoy yourself?

Yes, I did enjoy it. I can only think of my faults now (diagonals, hands) but doing it felt really good, and a real milestone in my journey as a rider. The judges' comments were kind, and helpful.

Don't get hung up on the negative, you'll never do a test thinking 'oh that was perfect', theres always something to improve on and always something great that happened! So learn from the things you want to improve but remember the enjoyment and the good things too!

Entered again this month. I'm happy to have improved my score and to be in the middle of the table: even though I got a rosette for second place last time, it was only in a field of four, so this feels more solid.

I'm certainly more pleased with how JB went for me, and my position on him. Our turns were crisper, our circles less egg-shaped and even though I wasn't straight down the centre-line and was crooked down one side, I feel that I didn't look so terrible. I was on the right diagonal most of the time, at least!

This could get addictive.. at any rate, it's a great record of my development as a rider.

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com