Interesting fact...

Lot1983

Oct 16, 2006
The Cotswolds
Since ditching the saddle fitted by the evil saddler from hell... my grumpy horse is no longer grumpy! :D Well, he has the odd face when he's rugged but on the whole he's almost a different horse to the one he's been for 18 months! I'm so pleased to have my old horse back! I knew it wasn't in his nature to be mean!

Saddler is coming out on Friday so fingers crossed we should have a new saddle then. Typically he's really happy in the cheap adjustable saddle I've borrowed!

In the mean time I have been reading this:
51NL%2BvqJ7KL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

One of the best Christmas presents ever, really easy to understand and VERY informative!

I love my horse :D (even if he has lost a shoe and broken another rug!)

So glad to hear it Lot.

Joy changed when I got my voice a went against my first YOs opinion and got a saddler out. She told me Joy was naughty and trying me out as a new rider. I assumed her previous home and my then YO knew better than I did. Wish I'd trusted my instincts sooner and taken the advice of Pinks Lady (old NR member) much sooner.

When I first had Henry (on loan before I bought him) he was very skinny and underweight, part of me was worried that this was his 'up to weight' character and if I'm honest, it was too much for me.

But changing the saddle and he's back to the soppy litte nugget I used to cover in Sudocream when we first met.

I'm also grateful to my YO for pushing me in the right direction, she never out and out said she knew something was wrong, she just hinted that maybe his jumping issues weren't his fault, then when the chiro said that she though the saddle was a HUGE issue, YO reitterated it back to me in such a way that I though it was my idea! She's amazing my YO!

Arnie is really grumpy if something doesnt fit right - in a way, its easier with horses that let you know rather than ones that stoically put up with it.

Glad Henry is back to his usual soppy self:D

Since ditching the saddle fitted by the evil saddler from hell... my grumpy horse is no longer grumpy! :D Well, he has the odd face when he's rugged but on the whole he's almost a different horse to the one he's been for 18 months! I'm so pleased to have my old horse back! I knew it wasn't in his nature to be mean!

Saddler is coming out on Friday so fingers crossed we should have a new saddle then. Typically he's really happy in the cheap adjustable saddle I've borrowed!

In the mean time I have been reading this:
51NL%2BvqJ7KL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

One of the best Christmas presents ever, really easy to understand and VERY informative!

I love my horse :D (even if he has lost a shoe and broken another rug!)

It's a no brainer really, take away what causes the pain and we all feel better!!!
i have had bought two copies of this book, and lent both of them to people..now i can't remember who they were!!! it is a pretty good book.
Good luck with the new saddler/saddle..

It's an amazing book, I read the 'signs of a bad saddle' section and I totally recongnised my horse!

Thank you Norm for being the second opinon! :D

Hmm as the owner of a horse who is a.nightmare to fit. I think that book can be a Christmas present :D

newrider.com