Interesting Study re heated and non heated shelter

I think it did mention they were unclipped. I find it interesting since switching sox to a fibre and oil diet he seems much warmer then before in general and doesn't need layers of rugs to keep warm :)

Yes your right it did. My brain didn't absorb that.
I find it interesting that the study was done with two sets of riding school horses. My guess is they live and work together, so it's a strong herd.

Mine has only got brave this year to huddle her way into the barn and stand up for herself.
She has been on meds that's altered her behaviour significantly. It's tweaked the herd dynamics that much!

It seems a fairly logical conclusion, wouldn't it be nice if a heated shelter was a realistic option :p Jess is still naked, she had a lightweight on for a couple of horrid days but hasn't really needed it. She was nuts and soaked to the skin last night, she was cool to the touch on her wet shoulders but her pits were still warm so I still left her naked even though it was wet, windy and due to drop to about 4 degrees and she is of course absolutely fine this morning, though she did eat more hay than she has been but the option was there for that reason :D

newrider.com