Introducing Harry

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
The new addition to my gang :D he's on loan for D to ride so I can have Jess back! 17 yo, about 12hh chunky heinz 57 pony who did 9 years in a riding school prior to his current home. We fetched him Friday night by means of sticking D on to ride him the 2 miles home with her mum and I as foot soldiers.
FB_IMG_1470048938387.jpg
Currently they are seperated as Jess is very protective of Hank, first night she was running the fence seeing him and hank off to put herself in the middle constantly :rolleyes: FB_IMG_1470048933499.jpg
But there is quite the bromance developing already between the boys :p _20160801_115654.JPGafter D and her friend taking turns on him yesterday the dads got in to give him a good hose down :p FB_IMG_1470048923224.jpg
He's no plod and has a couple of little evasions he tries (snatching the reins and a little nappy going out alone but only stops and looks back) but is generally a nice sort. Aparently driven before the riding school and has scars from rolling a cart :eek: but still OK to drive when his current owner tried him last year. This morning Hank was standing guard while jess and harry slept, I wasn't quite quick enough with my camera though
_20160801_121623.JPG
I'm hoping to put them in together tonight so long as its all still chilled after I've worked them all.

lovely! do you plan to try your hand at driving him to?!
I might :p hiis owner has a harness to fit him but no cart, I'm wondering if Hanks might adjust to fit him though.

He looks super! What a handsome chap, hope they all get on ok tonight :) D must be delighted.
She is over the moon, but he's a bit of a change from jess so is a little wary riding him, but we will just stick to lead rein for now and I'm going to work with him on the ground in between her rides just to get him settled and understanding the boundries and expectations, he is a little unsettled by all the changes but improving fast, the difference between morning and evening visits even noticable.

The weather is being kind at the moment @Trewsers, cool overnight so misty in the mornings, then warm (25 ish) and bright during the day, perfect for playing with the ponies :D

newrider.com