Irish dealers?

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
Anyone got any successions/recommendations of Irish dealers that have ponies, smaller horses in? Or any to avoid? All the ones I've come across mainly deal in 16hh+

@Lissie I can ask the lady who sold me Zi? She's just bought an id / tb type from an irish dealer a few months back and she's well pleased with him. Not sure how big he is - I've met him too lol but I can ask her for the name of them?
Also what about @Cortrasna on here? She might now of some good and bad ones?

@Lissie I can ask the lady who sold me Zi? She's just bought an id / tb type from an irish dealer a few months back and she's well pleased with him. Not sure how big he is - I've met him too lol but I can ask her for the name of them?
Also what about @Cortrasna on here? She might now of some good and bad ones?

Yes please @Trewsers finding it difficult to find what I want. We saw an advert for a lovely one and he looked my sort of ride jumping, but when I've seen videos of him on the flatwork he doesn't look quite right in canter, hind legs not moving through quick enough. All the ones I like are originally from Ireland so thinking it may be better to buy direct or through a dealer that brings them over.

Off point but thought I'd share as might be of interest....she's a local dealer but has a fair reputation
View attachment 87751

Thank you for thinking of me! We've seen this one, looked ideal on the advert but on the videos he's very chippy coming into his fences and the rider uses quite a lot of voice with him so doesn't look as confident as he's made out to be, saw him having a stop at a very simple 80cm fence too so a no to that one. He's over 2 hours from us too so not worth a quick look.

Like the youngster but I'm just looking for something to get on and go on. I had Charlie as a 5 year old and feel like I produced him and don't want to do the same again. Really gutted about the one we were meant to be seeing this weekend, he looked a machine cross country and boldest so far, wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but looked right up my street, just bloody typical he doesn't look quite right, or maybe he's fine and I'm looking too much into it o_O Messaged the owner just see what she said and she says no lameness issues etc :confused: maybe I should see him with my own eyes?

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com