Irritating Little Faults, Add Yours

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
This isn't a negative thread, but more of somewhere to share our little niggling "faults" or habits.
Nobody is perfect. I'm certainly not.

One of mine is that the wrist that holds the whip turns in. My other hand doesn't appear to.
To solve that I gave the hand that didn't the whip :)
I rode for a while with my stick between both hands. But I wonder if my hands aren't open enough and my stick isn't being held properly?

I dont think I need this though.
http://www.dressageextensions.com/d-cue-curved-whip/p/16281/

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I ride too short, I have to consciously push myself to make a effort to ride longer and tbh if I have the choice I'd ride jumping length. Although it's harder to sit deep in the saddle I actually feel safer much to my RIs frustration. :mad: As for bad habits I no doubt have loads :) x

I've got loads, tipping forwards is probably the worst, something I've always struggled with and I do it even when sat on a chair if not leant against the back, I blame the boobs! ;) :p

That's a can of worms NF. I guess my worse one is putting to much weight through my right ankle after my accident I still favour the right that and adding my AS to the mix means I out if balance and drop my right shoulder and as a flat work riding this effects Gingers way of going.:(

Haha can i join the club of the vast boobage? That would be.my biggest.annoyance, i tip forward. Usually when asking for a canter or wjen attempting to sit trot. I also have "fairy fingers" and need to keep them closed around the reins. I often open them especially when encouraging long and low work

I've got loads, tipping forwards is probably the worst, something I've always struggled with and I do it even when sat on a chair if not leant against the back, I blame the boobs! ;) :p
I do tip forward at times but thought it was to do with me riding short but actually it may be a combination of boobs and stirrups for me, my RI often asks where's the jumps and where are your feet then gives me the glare, :D lol, generally I drop my leathers a few holes and then she's a happy RI. Sadly though they do tend to sneak back up between lessons :oops: x

God, I have plenty, I went for a lesson with Peter De Cosemo a while back and he put me straight, Unfortunately I had had some lessons from someone who had convinced me, and others that their techniques were feasible. I had a few lessons and it got me into some terrible habits. A lesson with Peter De Cosemo tidied me up and got me back into my old ways. (Sorry Heather Moffett, you were right all along)

Peter is a breath of fresh air as he understands Icelandic gaits, he goes to Iceland regularly and teaches their competition teams. He and Heather MOffett sing from very similar hymn sheets. Though if she heard me say that she'd clobber me! :p

I had got into a very bad habit with my hands and my seat had become less than helpful. I have had to work at the muscle memory to get my old ways back.
Can't wait until summer as we have one of his pupils and International judge coming to do a course, we will see if I have improved any.

It is awful to have short reins when you have a horse that likes to go
long and low- no one is comfortable horse or rider.
I got longer reins made for me to match myTucker Saddle. when I ordered it.
Tucker Company was actually really great on doing that for me as well
as making the back cinch straps and girth longer as well.
It just took a lot longer to get into the que than if i was just ordering
stock items but I toally wish I had tried a Tucker saddle years ago.
It puts me in a great position w/o struggle.

newrider.com