Is everyone missing due to riding more?

I’ve been riding not as much as I want to but building work at the yard during the day puts pay to that.

Work is killing me that plus the riding club stuff I do another comp to arrange for next month one inter station comp to arrange for next Monday. The big RAF one in sept and oh yeah I’m competing twice in aug then the areas.

Very busy.

I do have a cracking tan and seem to live is shorts and tank tops

Welsh cob trot & bareback - I'm wincing just thinking of it! I'm sticking to long boots & jods thank you :)

Haha, yes I can imagine a Welsh trot would create some serious challenges. I should point out that a) I have an Arab (popular choice for middle aged ladies seeking comfort), b) my bareback pad is deep sheepskin, so no bones can be felt and it's hard to slip about in it and c) I do very little trotting in it, although I am trying to practise a little bit each time, in the hope that I'll get better some day.

I'm actually finding now that when I go back to the saddle after riding in the pad, I feel quite perched and not so secure, which is an odd feeling for me.

Challenges?!?! I don't think I'd be sitting or walking for several days! Ironically it was do-able before I schooled him because he'd keep his back still while throwing his legs around, but like an idiot I taught him how to use himself & now every bit of him moves with great enthusiasm lol. Quite a few people have mistaken him for a welsh arab, but watch that trot & there's no doubt about his breed :D

but watch that trot & there's no doubt about his breed :D

Friend has a Section D and she always suffers with sore knees if we do a pleasure ride together, I assume it’s because of the lack of shock absorption in the trot. It does look smart though, there’s nothing quite like an extravagant showy welsh trot is there?

Not posted much lately as been very busy with my little business including 3 days away with the trade stand at Tatts Ireland July show. Nice to make some dosh but I really missed my little herd and the dogs this time despite knowing they were in very safe hands with one of my sons. I think Dolly's few months unwell and my little Bertie now showing a lot of signs of failing health and old age has made me a little nervous of not being around for them. Came home to the Bertie boy suffering from an infection in his nether regions and despite son doing all the correct things he could to help him it will be a vet visit and antibiotics - just confirms I shouldn't go away lol!

I do agree with Mr C though - sometimes it does seem you take the time to post and shove a few piccys up and get very little response, which to be frank hardly encourages one to use the site on a regular basis, it could be that it isn't so busy so not many around to respond - but there again it could just be people just dont like me lol! I can live with that I do have a life and friends outside NR believe it or not:p:D

I've been away for work so not posted much. Now I'm back and F is back from her holidays later this week so I'll be back to my normal posting levels!

You guys are in shorts?!!! Lol my little legs would be blue up here in those:confused::oops:
I have brown arms and neck but ghosty feet:p
My hands are not the same shade as my arms. You would think they would catch up wouldn't you!
My feet never see any sun. I am barely out of walking boots and when I am I am not outside.

Challenges?!?! I don't think I'd be sitting or walking for several days! Ironically it was do-able before I schooled him because he'd keep his back still while throwing his legs around, but like an idiot I taught him how to use himself & now every bit of him moves with great enthusiasm lol. Quite a few people have mistaken him for a welsh arab, but watch that trot & there's no doubt about his breed :D
I recall a great idea of mine to trot her up the steep hill without a saddle. I nearly bounced off backwards! Thankfully she chose that moment to stop and wait for the cargo to reshuffle.
I realised she was actually mature enough to have some common courtesy, perhaps she was becoming suitable for a novice becayse she carried one that day. I asked to canter up instead and she point blank refused, if you can't ride me in trot I'm not stepping up a gear. :p

I recall a great idea of mine to trot her up the steep hill without a saddle. I nearly bounced off backwards! Thankfully she chose that moment to stop and wait for the cargo to reshuffle.
I realised she was actually mature enough to have some common courtesy, perhaps she was becoming suitable for a novice becayse she carried one that day. I asked to canter up instead and she point blank refused, if you can't ride me in trot I'm not stepping up a gear. :p

Bless her, I suspect LU would say if you can't ride me in trot I'm going to have an awful lot of fun! Ironically it was Jim who had a nanny mode even though he had no tolerance when he felt a rider should know better.

Bless her, I suspect LU would say if you can't ride me in trot I'm going to have an awful lot of fun! Ironically it was Jim who had a nanny mode even though he had no tolerance when he felt a rider should know better.
Yes that's a good description. RI said how honest she was jumping because I didn't always set her up right, and she didn't put in a stop.

Reactions: PePo and carthorse
Sadly, not much riding here the last few weeks as Pete's was kicked, I've been in hospital twice for insect bites, my work exams are looming so studying a lot and my OH and I have been house hunting which takes up *so* much time. Fingers crossed we've found something suitable :)

I've recently been on an equine massage course though, which was fascinating and I'm looking into doing a diploma.

Sadly, not much riding here the last few weeks as Pete's was kicked, I've been in hospital twice for insect bites, my work exams are looming so studying a lot and my OH and I have been house hunting which takes up *so* much time. Fingers crossed we've found something suitable :)

I've recently been on an equine massage course though, which was fascinating and I'm looking into doing a diploma.

Sorry to hear about your insect bites, that must be really awful getting kept in the hospital. Hope Pete is mended soon too poor boy.

newrider.com