Is it just me or does this weather have a familiar feel to it?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I've gotten used to September being nice weather, but this very autumn-y feeling this early feels much like a it did about 3 winters ago when we had a very wet, wild, mild winter.

It was 9c here this morning, yesterday was 11c overnight and only rose to 13c in the day :cool: by no means cold but steadily lower. Tonight we have gales on the way apparently, I think I might actually end up putting a rug on Jess overnight (In September.....how ridiculous!) as she's quite slim at the moment and has no coat yet o_O

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
Yes its a lot cooler here too. I had a video pop up on fb memories from this time last year when I was riding Marley in the field, cantering around. It looked like gorgeous weather, sunny and dry:). I think this year is not going to be as good for us compared to last year. I was able to ride in my fields all winter last year for the first as it was a lot drier than previous winters. My fields are already water logged this year :eek::(

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Beautiful here this morning but we deserve it was gales all day yesterday and flooding. Even my utility room window sprung a leak last night!!!! Rain was awful. Anyway, here I hope we don't get a hard winter, I had a taste of the wind last winter and fortunately no harm done and it only got to 100mph gusts on two occasions. I know the buildings are pretty secure and we've had storm straps done on the pig barn but even so.......

Reactions: joellie and Jessey

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
This time last year the weather must have been lots better because I painted the byre windows and doors and managed two coats without a break in the weather. And I oiled the garage barge boards. It isn't looking likely this year cos I think it's to break later today again........

Reactions: joellie and Jessey

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
We had it grey and angry on sunday, thunder and lightning storms yesterday and the wind is picking up again now as storm Aileen approaches I guess, the weather alert went from yellow to amber.
Anyway, here I hope we don't get a hard winter, I had a taste of the wind last winter and fortunately no harm done and it only got to 100mph gusts on two occasions. I know the buildings are pretty secure and we've had storm straps done on the pig barn but even so.......
When I say a hard winter I mean very cold, which is normally dominated by high pressure which means less wind :D

Last edited:

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Yep definitely colder! The unrugged ponies are very very fluffy and Kia will need clipped sooner than I thought.
I am thinking of clipping dinner than I thought about it last year.
The difference is I only thought, this year I will be.

Reactions: MrC

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
I am thinking of clipping dinner than I thought about it last year.
The difference is I only thought, this year I will be.

I was hoping to hold off until after I came back from Cyprus in October but I'll assess him this week and if he's getting uncomfortable I'll just do it before I go.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
We had it grey and angry on sunday, thunder and lightning storms yesterday and the wind is picking up again now as storm Abigale approaches I guess, the weather alert went from yellow to amber.

When I say a hard winter I mean very cold, which is normally dominated by high pressure which means less wind :D

Ah yeah, I know what you mean. We rarely get even a frost to last half a day here. Locals always wish for snow lol I keep telling them they really don't want it! Lol I had ten hard winters being pretty much snowed up on and off where we lived and it's been a huge relief here not to worry too much. Omg, I've probably just jinxed it!!!!! I'll be wishing for a four wheel drive again!!!

Reactions: Jessey

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
We have Arlene to hit tonight apparently, it was lovely this morning but it's gone grey and threatening, I'm going to bring Kia in tonight I think as it's cold, to be blowing a gale and raining and there is no point in him standing out in that when he has a perfectly acceptable stable there for his comfort :)