Is it me or is this 'treeless saddle' rubbish?

Laura+Phantom

Jan 25, 2004
I don't know how they can even class it as a saddle - it looks like stirrups attached to a roller. Not being an expert on these things, even I would be seriously concerned about pressure points from those stirrups, that and the fact in would force you into a lovely chair seat. All for £175 no less :eek:
It doesn't even give a clear picture or explanation!

I love the way they slag off the Torsion too :rolleyes:

Oh and check out the jumping pics, apparently each rider has "an amazing position on the horse" - er, on what planet?

http://www.treelesssaddles.co.uk/

Last edited:
Hehe, thanks!

Stirrups are all a jumper really needs

This quote bothers me, as they say that stirrups are essential but then their "stirrups" will immediately cause pressure points and forced leg positions......? WHAT?

I'm not expert in saddles or anything tack-wise, but that looks like a dodgy deal to me

ETA: Oh, and a treeless saddle...? It's a saddleless saddle!

Love this quote! "and has been acknowledged as innovative by The Pony Club." :D :D :D

I wouldn't be too quick to judge. I don't like the way they advertise it, but that's not to say it doesn't work. I'm quite intrigued...

The Boz saddles are incredibly sought after in endurance circles.. very very well thought of..i had several people recomend them to me while I was searching for a saddle for Splash.. but the price tag stoped me cold..

The Boz saddles are incredibly sought after in endurance circles.. very very well thought of..i had several people recomend them to me while I was searching for a saddle for Splash.. but the price tag stoped me cold..

Regardless of whether they are sought after or not, they still give (as stated above) a chair seat. It's even one of their stated selling points!

13. Forward hung stirrups for the ultimate performance ride to achieve an all speed basic to advanced handle.

LOL no denying it :)

But many of them swear by them for doing 100 milers etc. and not having sore horses.

Good for them. It doesn't mean that a saddle/other aid that helps the rider to sit in a more biomechanically-correct position wouldn't be even better, of course.

I'm sure it's excellent for jumping when you do want more forward-set stirrup bars. Given its clear suitability for that, I wonder what safety mechanism (if any) is used for the stirrup or bars?

And I wonder what makes it so darned expensive?

newrider.com