Is it really June tomorrow?!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Woke this morning to rain and wind bashing at the velux over our bed. Humph. Ventured out across the back field to the girls. No sign of heads over doors. Hardly surprising as the rain was driving that way and wind - really gusty. Gave breakfasts - opened madam's door and offered her headcollar. You'd think I'd offered her a bag of slugs or worse! Lol she ran to the back of her box and refused point blank to come out. Fine says I. Firmly puts headcollar on and leads her out onto yard with net to occupy. She stood shaking with rage and intermittently stamped her foot. So after mucking out offered her either field or stable. She ran into her box and gave me a haughty look to shut the door. Same more or less with Chloe - she scurried into the hay store to shelter and tried to make herself disappear amongst the bales in the hopes I'd not notice her and just leave her to it instead of putting her out!lol
What a pair! Can't say I blame them. We've a severe weather warning due and its freezing! Anyhoo, they've both gone into small paddocks near their houses for an hour or so - finally persuaded them. It is just windy tho - you'd think it was March here!
Anyone else the same????

Yes, it's not that nice in West Sussex! I was in my Musto combination coat & waterproof chaps this morning ... I thought June meant Summer?!

I still put Pete out though this morning - I'm a mean Mum :D

Feels like early March here too. Am getting a bit fed up with the cold now, on the plus side I have only had to put Belles fly mask on a handful of times so far this year.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Well the two Florences were ready for in - just as I suspected! Three hours turnout is enough for any namby pamby pony dontcha know?! You should have seen them when we went round to collect them just now! Chloe was prancing up and down the paddock (all churned up now:rolleyes:) and Storm was shaking with rage (and cold I suspect)o_O They are both indoors now - looking indignant. Honestly, I wonder sometimes if they are real horses:p

Awful weather here to. I let me lot onto the yard and paddock today which has lots of yummy grass in it so they haven't been bothered about the weather, back in the field now and they are all by the barn.
I am very glad to have my outbuildings today as I have been able to hide from the rain and wind and still do jobs.

Yesterday was miserable, loads of downpours and generally unsettled weather, I'm really hoping it settles soon its getting a bit boring now and I feel like the 'summer' is flying by and I'm not getting to enjoy it :mad:

Changeable. Hacked out in-between the heavy showers in my winter coat and winter weight jodphurs.
High summer. Welcome.

I cheated the weather and managed to ride before the miserable rain came. It's so dark here today too. The newspapers are saying the heatwave is coming......yeah right......

newrider.com